What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got an 80's vintage Hilux, how many kilometres of slide do you need me to haul?

Easy...we need to slide to arrive! It's no use on the side of the road waiting for the NRMA.

But we will need you to bring your smoker!!! I might hand bbq duties over to you and I'll just focus on the bar. That way I won't burn anything while shaking cocktails.

I'll bring my Wolfhound, her holes put Wombats to shame
This is all coming together nicely.

Who is going to do the airport pick up?

stirk

Burner
I'll bring my Wolfhound, her holes put Wombats to shame
Some of us burners are built like wombats so make it deep!

Easy...we need to slide to arrive! It's no use on the side of the road waiting for the NRMA.

But we will need you to bring your smoker!!! I might hand bbq duties over to you and I'll just focus on the bar. That way I won't burn anything while shaking cocktails.

This is all coming together nicely.

Who is going to do the airport pick up?
The hilux is the smoker.

@Haakon for the airport pick up as he is the resident airport export.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do we need to sign any waivers before sliding?
Going to need a legal eagle to make that call. It is hard to imagine @hifiandmtb having any exposure...we have all chosen to enter his property and help ourselves to this slide, but @moorey did recently pull down a perfectly good see-saw out of a similar concern. We are becoming something of a litigious society. Maybe there just needs to be a site induction and safety sign off?

moorey

call me Mia
Going to need a legal eagle to make that call. It is hard to imagine @hifiandmtb having any exposure...we have all chosen to enter his property and help ourselves to this slide, but @moorey did recently pull down a perfectly good see-saw out of a similar concern. We are becoming something of a litigious society. Maybe there just needs to be a site induction and safety sign off?
On the flip side, acknowledging the danger and putting up warning signs made us MORE liable, according to our insurer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On the flip side, acknowledging the danger and putting up warning signs made us MORE liable, according to our insurer.
I have heard that before... apparently it shows you know the risks and haven't mitigated them. You may as well be down there forcing people to ride the see-saw.

moorey

call me Mia
I have heard that before... apparently it shows you know the risks and haven't mitigated them. You may as well be down there forcing people to ride the see-saw.
In a nutshell. It’s an acknowledgment of the risk. As I said the other day, I doubt a claim would hold up in court, but the legal fees fighting it would be crippling alone.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
In my expert legal opinion, hifi cannot be liable so long as all participants use 29ers.

And dropper posts.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Use...not own. There will be a pool of 29 inch unicycles and a 29er lingo handbook available for people who are drastically out of touch with modern bikes.
I see you have used the wording to find a loop hole and allow others to play. Now to read up on slack head angles and steep seat tubes.

I think you’re ‘in’.
If they don’t let us slide because of our wheel size we can’t start our own slide club with hookers and blackjack….:p