What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In the centuries I have been working and interacting with peoples I have made pretty much the same observations of professionals, trades qualified, skilled, semi skilled and unskilled. There are some people who are just arseholes and an oxygen debt on society.

Favourite tradie moments include watching a tubie mirror welding tubes with both hands in a space you couldn't fit your head, machinists whose work makes mine look like I sand cast the final cuts... etc. Funniest now that I can look back was the dogman who gave me an aggro serve for telling him he was about to land a 35t load on his foot just before he landed a 35t load on his foot.

If you have a problem with a profession or a trade etc in general you are the problem.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck old people!

Had an old couple come in today (close to the end of lunch time) to order a special they had seen on our website. I was all cool and calm with a "that isn't our special today guys...perhaps you would like to order from our available food offerings?" We talked a little and they old lady got real snappy. I need to fix the web site and the cafe is a sham and she doesn't want any of what I've got on offer. I suggested that she doesn't need to get angry and I'm sorry the information was out of date, but we have never offered the food item (roast lamb with a Thai salad) that they want and that I have never seen food items listed on our website etc...she gets angrier of course, but I'm calm.

Well fuck me dead it they weren't in the wrong place! Now I happen to know the place they were looking for and have a flyer for them. It isn't a cafe! It is a home meal service...so I try to explain this and produce a flyer for them, but oh no...I'm an obnoxious rude person who isn't very helpful as they suddenly don't have any time for lunch and storm off in a rage. Well you know what old lady? Fuck you.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fuck old people!

Had an old couple come in today (close to the end of lunch time) to order a special they had seen on our website. I was all cool and calm with a "that isn't our special today guys...perhaps you would like to order from our available food offerings?" We talked a little and they old lady got real snappy. I need to fix the web site and the cafe is a sham and she doesn't want any of what I've got on offer. I suggested that she doesn't need to get angry and I'm sorry the information was out of date, but we have never offered the food item (roast lamb with a Thai salad) that they want and that I have never seen food items listed on our website etc...she gets angrier of course, but I'm calm.

Well fuck me dead it they weren't in the wrong place! Now I happen to know the place they were looking for and have a flyer for them. It isn't a cafe! It is a home meal service...so I try to explain this and produce a flyer for them, but oh no...I'm an obnoxious rude person who isn't very helpful as they suddenly don't have any time for lunch and storm off in a rage. Well you know what old lady? Fuck you.
You need to learn a little respect sonny!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
First landing done, aside from one missing small joist. Landing sized around the composite timber board lengths (third of).

Should be strong enough. Temporary structure to come down in a few days.

Next landing & stair treads later this week.
What was wrong with the stone steps there already?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Concrete steps you mean?

View attachment 375159

Not much I suppose. If you like to live life on the edge.
I'd like to buy your steps...

Story could have gone either way from here - won’t say I’m not a little disappointed in the path it took.
I won't lie...she was an attractive woman. The lack of good personality killed it though. I couldn't imagine the pillow talk would be pleasant.

You need to learn a little respect sonny!
I know...how dare I offer help for these people to find what they were looking for! I'm such an ass.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Fuck old people!

Nope. I'm with the lovely old dear.

You sir, are an obnoxious chunt.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I'm shaking in my boots...I just received a phone call with a pre recorded message to advise me that the national crime authority have detected some suspicious activity in my bank account and taxation account. The matter is soon to appear in court and I will be arrested if I don't press 1...

If my account gets emptied or I end up in gaol, you all know why now.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Well I'm shaking in my boots...I just received a phone call with a pre recorded message to advise me that the national crime authority have detected some suspicious activity in my bank account and taxation account. The matter is soon to appear in court and I will be arrested if I don't press 1...

See you in the Fuckwits thread.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Better stock up on iTunes cards, it's the only currency they accept.

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

I got one today around the same time. I pressed '1' to speak to the Crime Authority but got disconnected. I was pissed and have been peering through the curtains waiting for the cops to roll up.

You can bet there will be another call tomorrow around the same time.

The Covid situation must be getting better somewhere in the subcontinent if the scammers are going back to the office.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I got one today around the same time. I pressed '1' to speak to the Crime Authority but got disconnected. I was pissed and have been peering through the curtains waiting for the cops to roll up.

The Covid situation must be getting better somewhere in the subcontinent if the scammers are going back to the office.
I agree, had multiple calls over the last few days. Block, block and block!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

It's an easy job to do from home.

One thing from the call that stuck in my mind was that this mysterious crime fighting agency actually had a very similar name to an old federal government crime fighting agency. But the only incidents of them collaborating with the ATO that I know of was around organised crime, so I was really surprised to have them contact me. I didn't know I was don pink poodle, the made dawg.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
One thing from the call that stuck in my mind was that this mysterious crime fighting agency actually had a very similar name to an old federal government crime fighting agency. But the only incidents of them collaborating with the ATO that I know of was around organised crime, so I was really surprised to have them contact me. I didn't know I was don pink poodle, the made dawg.
I might let the scammers know next time that it is fine, I'll go now and wait outside for the Feds to arrive. If they can send handcuffs to me in my size then I'll gladly put them on to save any further time wasting. The jig is up as soon as it cuts over to an enforcement officer called Steve with big Indian accent.

I have had some enjoyment telling them that they are dishonouring their family and ancestors. Make your parents proud and do something worthwhile before it is too late. I understand that is very difficult there for all sorts of people but all bets are off once the scam script comes my way.