What does your day look like?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Man, your insurance looked after you well - I was meant to be waiting for O'Briens until Feb 19th. Now they've told me my car just getting towed away this week and assessed on the 20th Feb.
I got on the phone to windscreen shops first thing Tuesday morning!

Just noticed it’s 1mm off centre, despite checking at the time. Doh, can’t unsee that!

poita

Likes Dirt
At least I can drive it legally again... Windscreen O’Brien’s bloke very nice and the install was impressive to watch. Some very neat toys used.

That's the face of a guy who knows he is going to be fucking busy for some time yet.

Haakon

That's the face of a guy who knows he is going to be fucking busy for some time yet.
He reckons about six months to catch up.

If insurance doesn’t write off the Alfa, he’ll be doing the screen again in it - crooked AF. Fuck I wish I’d checked his work better before the glue set...

Haakon

fucking tradies....
I was getting excited that finally something was being done well... Watching him work was cool and the whole process was very interesting. He just missed one last step which was to seriously check alignment... It’s my fault for not checking his work better, but I was all excited at the prospect of finally a tradie that does good work...

I tried to think of something I’d had repaired or a service we’d engaged that had been done right first time and without any issues or dissatisfaction of any sort and I honestly can’t think of one. There’s always something, without fail.

Wheel alignment was the last one - both cars had to go back for off centre steering wheels and the Renault was still off.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I doubt a misaligned windscreen is going to affect the aesthetics of an Alfa, not to mention one that has had every panel smashed in by hailstones
consider it a facelift!

Haakon

I doubt a misaligned windscreen is going to affect the aesthetics of an Alfa, not to mention one that has had every panel smashed in by hailstones
consider it a facelift!
Haha. Very funny. It’s not aesthetics, it’s wind noise. And frankly it’s the bloody principle - I’m fucking sick of people messing up my stuff.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
fuck you are a whinger!
other people have lost their cars, houses, lives!
some people I know in canberra won't have their cars fixed for weeks if not months, and you are complaining about 1mm off centre on a windscreen that was fixed in less than 1 week by a bloke that probably gets paid 1/3 of what you do if he's lucky, not to mention that he will probably do 10 hour days for the next 6 months to catch up, and make SFA out of it.
Maybe if you just left him alone to do his job instead of annoying the shit out of him and getting in the way to take Instagram photos!

Haakon

fuck you are a whinger!
other people have lost their cars, houses, lives!
some people I know in canberra won't have their cars fixed for weeks if not months, and you are complaining about 1mm off centre on a windscreen that was fixed in less than 1 week by a bloke that probably gets paid 1/3 of what you do if he's lucky, not to mention that he will probably do 10 hour days for the next 6 months to catch up, and make SFA out of it.
Maybe if you just left him alone to do his job instead of annoying the shit out of him and getting in the way to take Instagram photos!
lol. Wish my other car was only off the road for weeks or months...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Geez, wish I could get someone else to pay for the things I needed fixed. We drove our only car around for a week and a half with it sounding like a vacuum cleaner until we could gather the cash to buy the parts. And then it was lucky I could do it myself coz labour would've been ridiculous.

It's called perspective @Haakon, be grateful you even have a car you can use

Haakon

What are the tolerances from factory?
Less. There is also a need for glass to match the level of the roof panel... Meh, they’ll charge Allianz for the redo anyway.
I’m more worried about the massive amount of panel work it’s hopefully not getting.

Haakon

Geez, wish I could get someone else to pay for the things I needed fixed. We drove our only car around for a week and a half with it sounding like a vacuum cleaner until we could gather the cash to buy the parts. And then it was lucky I could do it myself coz labour would've been ridiculous.

It's called perspective @Haakon, be grateful you even have a car you can use
You can still drive your car? You’re lucky, my other one it toasted....