What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Doesn't seem to be a recent thread I could find... I have a couple of youtube channels I follow, Tally Ho is one I really enjoy. Another was the restoration of Blofeld's yacht (007 stuffs) Aurora. Haven't seen anything for quite a while and went searching. Seems the guy doing tge work sold the yacht and now it has sunk... was going to be a crazy amount of work but it strikes me as odd that work was happening above the waterline if there was a problem down below.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Currently struggling to get a win! I have the day off work, but finished late last night and didn't get to sleep until about 230. Early call from friend, early call from another friend...these people know I'm not a morning person!!!! Yeah I could have turned the phone off but I fell asleep watching you tube. Anyway decide to catch the train later than I intended to and enjoy a coffee at a Cafe I used to live near. Fucking packed with mums and toddlers...I get my train and 2 stop in a mum is attempting to wrestle a 2 wide pram onto the train so I give her a hand while the station guy just stands and watches. Anyway she dumps the 2 kids on sears behind me, leaves the pram filling the foyer (I think they call it a vestibule?), sits herself on some other seats away from the kids, and fuck me the kids just run a muck throwing shit, jumping around, climbing, yelling, all that noisy shit little kids do when mum/dad/etc has run out of fucks l. Fuck it I probably did the same thing when I was 2. Then the crying starts...I figure I'll change carriages and everyone will be happier. Well I was for 1 station then the boomers started loading in...fuck me! Boomers just have no idea how to travel. Luggage everywhere, panic and confusion about the lack of seats and space for all thir giant suitcases, then they are on the phone "we're just pn a train, heading to Bali!" no inside voices, real estate agent, not talking about houses they want to buy...now the ticket collectors, do these arseholes nor know how to say please? Fuck me. One small joy - the door into the next carriage is locked (old train) and I got to watch all 3 of these morons try and force the handle. Those doors are so easy to lock, one handy thing is learnt at school.

And of course there has been a steady stream of people who don't have jobs wandering along the train.

Off the train soon and I feel the day is going to get betterer.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Currently struggling to get a win! I have the day off work, but finished late last night and didn't get to sleep until about 230. Early call from friend, early call from another friend...these people know I'm not a morning person!!!! Yeah I could have turned the phone off but I fell asleep watching you tube. Anyway decide to catch the train later than I intended to and enjoy a coffee at a Cafe I used to live near. Fucking packed with mums and toddlers...I get my train and 2 stop in a mum is attempting to wrestle a 2 wide pram onto the train so I give her a hand while the station guy just stands and watches. Anyway she dumps the 2 kids on sears behind me, leaves the pram filling the foyer (I think they call it a vestibule?), sits herself on some other seats away from the kids, and fuck me the kids just run a muck throwing shit, jumping around, climbing, yelling, all that noisy shit little kids do when mum/dad/etc has run out of fucks l. Fuck it I probably did the same thing when I was 2. Then the crying starts...I figure I'll change carriages and everyone will be happier. Well I was for 1 station then the boomers started loading in...fuck me! Boomers just have no idea how to travel. Luggage everywhere, panic and confusion about the lack of seats and space for all thir giant suitcases, then they are on the phone "we're just pn a train, heading to Bali!" no inside voices, real estate agent, not talking about houses they want to buy...now the ticket collectors, do these arseholes nor know how to say please? Fuck me. One small joy - the door into the next carriage is locked (old train) and I got to watch all 3 of these morons try and force the handle. Those doors are so easy to lock, one handy thing is learnt at school.

And of course there has been a steady stream of people who don't have jobs wandering along the train.

Off the train soon and I feel the day is going to get betterer.
Sounds like you need some ear buds...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like you need some ear buds...
Well I did try that but short of having the volume up high enough to damage my ears (which are already shit) there was no reprieve.

I am free now, just had a delicious coffee, and about to enjoy a Vietnamese lunch (not a banh mi) then a little time in the forest. The sun shines and it is indeed feeling like a good day.