What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So a couple of hours shooting.
Goodlynesses:
Tracking worked and the lens followed the sky.
Focus was very good and the stars were nice and roundy roundy.
Badnesses:
My set up and alignment wasn't great so the stars moved ever so slightly but enough that the shots don't stack properly.
The moon blew out most of the shots after 22:00 even though the moon was still below the horizon.
Clouds still around and impact the shots.

More learnings needed. Moon was way too much in the frame for these shots of Mars but the second is a few shots stacked. Shorter exposures meant the tracking issues were less obvious. Shots are crap but give the idea.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What is the orange-ish "light" I have been seeing near the moon the last few nights/monrings when I am riding home from work?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
After the storm yesterday we are without power. Coming up to 24hrs now and just got an SMS to say prepare to be without power until at least Tuesday. Yikes. Still lucky where we are minimal damage (our house is fine) and a few trees down around the neighbourhood other areas were hit much harder.

Pity I did a big shop yesterday. Meats in esky with ice but not sure that last too long. Cue the Simpsons - now we play the waiting game.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well, the resident expert on everything position is empty and there is entertainment in watching all go down in a screaming heap.

Popcorn please.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
After the storm yesterday we are without power. Coming up to 24hrs now and just got an SMS to say prepare to be without power until at least Tuesday. Yikes. Still lucky where we are minimal damage (our house is fine) and a few trees down around the neighbourhood other areas were hit much harder.

Pity I did a big shop yesterday. Meats in esky with ice but not sure that last too long. Cue the Simpsons - now we play the waiting game.
Victor/Middleton/ Goolwa were all drowned yesterday too. Couldn't get a feed in Victor because they all had water damage. And the were half a dozen shops in Middleton being emptied out when we rolled through this arvo.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Everything new was old again today for me...

Linkage suspension fork:
96C0C89A-E4D9-433F-BC6A-8FDFEE0B5E1D.jpeg

Low bottom brackets:
9D2D7B26-D6A1-447E-87CE-6EF39D7AF27C.jpeg

Pinion precursor:
84974FC7-E778-448B-9F3A-223717ED3676.jpeg

DB93D72F-F284-4466-B3DA-B76E44898E98.jpeg

Shaft drive with roller bearing cogs:
B163AADD-32D2-40D0-BBD9-31F2A25D7561.jpeg

Or how about chainstay-concentric geared shaft drive?
EFED5944-195D-4A16-8DD0-9F5A257B1A79.jpeg

I feel Ceramispeed has missed a marketing opportunity here... Surely less teeth means less friction, right?
0F3C98C9-6A20-4F7C-9E2C-B947224B78F1.jpeg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
And a special bonus for @Haakon:
BEEFD9F9-D98B-4182-A389-8856D486A1B0.jpeg

If you like vintage bicycles, cars, trucks, buses, and even vintage radios, telephones, fashion garments and accessories - I'd highly recommend checking out the Museum Of Vehicle Evolution in Shepparton, Victoria. To be honest I had pretty much burnt out on car shows and auto-related museums ages ago, but really enjoyed my visit today. Heaps of very rare and unusual things to see (including vehicles from a couple of car brands I'd never heard of before...)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
And a special bonus for @Haakon:
View attachment 394460

If you like vintage bicycles, cars, trucks, buses, and even vintage radios, telephones, fashion garments and accessories - I'd highly recommend checking out the Museum Of Vehicle Evolution in Shepparton, Victoria. To be honest I had pretty much burnt out on car shows and auto-related museums ages ago, but really enjoyed my visit today. Heaps of very rare and unusual things to see (including vehicles from a couple of car brands I'd never heard of before...)
Very cool. Front wheel drive and monocoque was pretty space age in those days.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Set up last night to take some shots of Pleiades. Got the tripod perfectly level with the machine that goes ping. Did a three point alignment and manually corrected for the Pleiades cluster... Set up the camera intervalometer to shoot 250 30 second exposures. Sat and watched the first half an hour. Went inside for a while, checked a bit later and all good. Went back outside for the last 20 shots, noticed some hazy cloud near the cluster.

Checked shots. Ah yes cluster fuck. Cloud through at least 200 shots and the rest not sufficient to create an image. Loving it!