What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Tires I’ve seen driven absolutely flat never had a scalloped section out of the side wall, that’s a new one on me. This band is 12mm wide. It has melted the rubber and it’s wavy like the tread of a race slick is after super hard braking.

Tire is on front right.

I’m taking it to get new tires in a week or two anyway.

Thanks gents
It's called a 'heat ring', it's usually worse on the inside of the tyre.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Currently waiting for coffee at my regular. The table next to me appears to be an awkward first or early awkward date between 2 people around 50. First off the guy really should have put more effort into his out for. He looks like he is about to mow the lawn. The lady is gorgeous. They haven't got any momentum or chemistry happening, but he looks interested. Oh and she is telling him about her magic oils. His face looks like it is calculating how much of the oil bullshit he needs to sit through to get laid.

I was in that space briefly once...but it was crystals. I didn't get laid.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Currently waiting for coffee at my regular. The table next to me appears to be an awkward first or early awkward date between 2 people around 50. First off the guy really should have put more effort into his out for. He looks like he is about to mow the lawn. The lady is gorgeous. They haven't got any momentum or chemistry happening, but he looks interested. Oh and she is telling him about her magic oils. His face looks like it is calculating how much of the oil bullshit he needs to sit through to get laid.

I was in that space briefly once...but it was crystals. I didn't get laid.
You just need to be better prepared next time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I made the arduous trek from home up the hill to the mighty local...glenrock lagoon. Clealely the lagoon on question is filled with gnar and sweat! Old and worn out as it is, I still had plenty of fun on the bike. I did have to shift a frightened echidna off the landing to a jump at one point. After so many weeks of not getting out or pushing it the chance to ride with one of mates and give it some pepper was well received.

Only down side was when I hit a crow. It was a strange moment. I came through the "new" (no that new anymore and really worn out) jump line with a bis of pizzazz (not the first run through either and just after another rider) and as I came down at the last landing I see a crow in the middle of it. I make a loud squawk and the bird looks up at me, realised the danger, spreads it's wings, and doesn't move. I tweaked but didn't more across far enough...came down on a wing. I'm not sure if I landed on the wing proper or just the feathers or what, but I saw it deform around my wheel and probably got it with the back as well. I pulled up and tried to see what I could do for the bird but it scurried off into the bush holding the affected wing a little awkwardly. I felt pretty bad but also surprised as crows are usually too smart for such shit.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I felt pretty bad but also surprised as crows are usually too smart for such shit.
Smacked one with the car on the way home yesterday. Him/her was picking at some road kill with his/her mate. Mate ran out the way but forgot to tell Dopey who looked up in time to jump into the bumper. If it had of stayed on the ground it probably would have been ok.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd be packing the goggles that day! Anyhow, you don't crash so the crows will be waiting around for nothing.
I nearly did yesterday! After the crow incident. It turns out my DJ tyres while normally good enough for dry hard pack trails are not so good in slick mud, of which I got a patch exiting a corner. Fortunately I tamed that bucking bronco!

Smacked one with the car on the way home yesterday. Him/her was picking at some road kill with his/her mate. Mate ran out the way but forgot to tell Dopey who looked up in time to jump into the bumper. If it had of stayed on the ground it probably would have been ok.

They are a notoriously tough bird. You better make sure it didn't latch on underneath and slash you tyres when you got home.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Big weekend sitting on my arse watching Baseball. Ex-VC played in a regional championship. Unfortunately three other Under 17 teams pulled out so we played 4 games and a final against one team. Most of our team were actually under 15 so they were entered "the experience". Day 1 one was quite the experience, losing both games 1-10 and 4-13. Day two was better winning one 9-6 and losing one 8-6. But then our guys played out of their skins to win the final 8-2. :)

The bigger result personally was watching the Ex-VC absolutely smash a mental block he's been suffering from for 3 years. He puts so much pressure on himself to not let his coaches down that he ended up unable to even swing at the ball. In practise and warm up he could smack them but once the game started he just couldn't release. The biggest cheer went up and Mrs George was in tears when he swung at the first pitch he faced. He never looked back and played the best we've seen him play, ever.

FB_IMG_1664838228423.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had the day off...nice to have a less hectic week, but the rain can fuck off. Anyway I went to the grocery store and cooked up a fucking storm I'm probably never going to eat. I got hungry while it all cooked and ate a sandwich instead.

I figured I should have a look in uncle Dan's while I was there and I think I was in store for about 3 minutes before the security checks began. On the third I figured fuck this and threw the chirpy young fellow a solid curve ball..."yes squire, you can help me. What additive free Tequilas do you stock?" There isn't any tequila in this isle...that's wasn't my question. What do you mean additive free? A lot of tequila has artificial flavours/additives. Did you read the labels? Being it's an industry secret sin it isn't really something they print on the label...I'll show you where the tequila is. I'm busy looking at vermouth...can I help you with that? Once we sort the tequila issue out perhaps. I politely tied this fellow up for a good 15 minutes. We read tequila labels together, he tried the staff app for guiding me, eventually he offered me one that claimed to be carbon neutral...that's not really the same thing, and I'm after an Añejo not a Blanco? What do you mean? Maybe check your app? there's a lot about tequila I don't know. That's ok it's an opportunity to learn...in the end I said I appreciated his efforts but I'd just leave it and check online. Then walked through a bunch of random Isles and left. Apparently people mustn't browse the range in these stores?

Then I saw the lettuce stock market has crashed! So I didn't know if this was the bottom and it was time to buy buy buy for the coming boom? Or if I should hold out for a further drop? Thoughts people?

IMG_20221006_150445630~2.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Then I saw the lettuce stock market has crashed! So I didn't know if this was the bottom and it was time to buy buy buy for the coming boom? Or if I should hold out for a further drop? Thoughts people?

View attachment 393259
Hmm.....This a very good question.

Maybe hit up your local fruit shop instead of the supermarkets if that is an option. I would indulge in lettuce and don't spare the expense if it had to be on the menu today. Some days you have to go all in.

The dedicated fruit and vegetable shops that have high turnover are the place to find fresher and crisper vegetables. They can only be trumped by a local farm.

Problem with that big chunk o' lettuce is what are are going to do with it all before it gets all manky? That is a lot of salad, san choy bow or is lettuce juice just big up north?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Had the day off...nice to have a less hectic week, but the rain can fuck off. Anyway I went to the grocery store and cooked up a fucking storm I'm probably never going to eat. I got hungry while it all cooked and ate a sandwich instead.

I figured I should have a look in uncle Dan's while I was there and I think I was in store for about 3 minutes before the security checks began. On the third I figured fuck this and threw the chirpy young fellow a solid curve ball..."yes squire, you can help me. What additive free Tequilas do you stock?" There isn't any tequila in this isle...that's wasn't my question. What do you mean additive free? A lot of tequila has artificial flavours/additives. Did you read the labels? Being it's an industry secret sin it isn't really something they print on the label...I'll show you where the tequila is. I'm busy looking at vermouth...can I help you with that? Once we sort the tequila issue out perhaps. I politely tied this fellow up for a good 15 minutes. We read tequila labels together, he tried the staff app for guiding me, eventually he offered me one that claimed to be carbon neutral...that's not really the same thing, and I'm after an Añejo not a Blanco? What do you mean? Maybe check your app? there's a lot about tequila I don't know. That's ok it's an opportunity to learn...in the end I said I appreciated his efforts but I'd just leave it and check online. Then walked through a bunch of random Isles and left. Apparently people mustn't browse the range in these stores?

View attachment 393259
did you scan for those delicious lettuce recipes?