What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got rained on so hard this morning going to work. It was shit. I was about 500m into the journey and it blew in from nowhere, super heavy. Then when I was about 100m from work it stopped. Because the sky was clear and sunny when I left my house I was totally unprepared for wet weather. My feet are still wet and it's gross.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I got rained on so hard this morning going to work. It was shit. I was about 500m into the journey and it blew in from nowhere, super heavy. Then when I was about 100m from work it stopped. Because the sky was clear and sunny when I left my house I was totally unprepared for wet weather. My feet are still wet and it's gross.

Yep...wet feet and wet shoes all day. What a cunt of a day! You know when you have been away from the workplace for a week and somehow in that time (despite being closed for most of those 7 days mind you) everyone else manages to move every single bit of stock or tools or equipment or gear or lube into a new and stupid location, but you of course don't realise this until you need it to make something happen "now"? Well the last 2 days have been like that. At the simple level, where did my salt go for rimming up margarita glasses? these glasses aren polished properly! Why are the cocktail shakers all stacked and still wet from last weekend? Do we really have no clean tea towel? Who put this chilly bin of ice and sparkling wines in the coolroom??? It's now 1 solo block...what do you mean it froze? We thought you were joking! Fuck you arsehole. I don't make shit up just so your job sucks...unless I am going to find it really funny and not be inconvenienced. lucky that shit didn't explode! Would have been a huge mess. Surely if you pulled a red wine glass out of a rack full of red wine glasses at the end of the night you'd put the clean glass back where you got it from? It is easy to figure out as the bar isn't big and the racks are pretty obvious? Nope...you'll just jumble everything into mixed trays and stuff them into the store room? Well I have a space for you on my team! Or maybe you like to tidy up? I batch up a lot of cocktails so that less experienced team members can just pour it out of a bottle ready made. So when I empty a funky shaped bottle (such as the Jinzu gin bottles) I put them in a crate and use them to hold the batched goodies. It is a little eye catching stacked up on the back bar. Well if you decide that the be way to tidy up is to throw all of those bottles in the bin rather than mop the floor or wash down the bins...hit me up for a job! On a bigger scale I coordinate stock across a couple of venues and fuck me! I come back and find stock in the wrong venues and someone getting a parade for "cleaning up" for me. Ummmm...unless someone came in ande messed everything up between my last shift and this apparent clean up I have no idea what they did except move stock to the wrong places and engage in some really stupid storage ideas. Who the fuck lays glass bottles of beer on their side and piles them up in a milk crake??? And then there is the endless "while you were away nobody knew how to do this thing...can you show me how to do it?" Yeah sure but I currently have 6 cocktails to make and a line of customers so maybe later. I'll not bother to have the conservation about how I was told you had already done all of that while I was away so I didn't need to worry... surprise.

Far out! I can only imagine the sort of impact this kind of shit would have in a workplace that was dealing with work types that had important outcomes! At least the worst case scenario is I get confused and someone waits a moment or so longer for a drink. So very first world...

I also think the covid has fried my brain a little. It's currently easily exhausted. So covid or maybe the result of a week of doing nothing and barely sleeping.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep...wet feet and wet shoes all day. What a cunt of a day! You know when you have been away from the workplace for a week and somehow in that time (despite being closed for most of those 7 days mind you) everyone else manages to move every single bit of stock or tools or equipment or gear or lube into a new and stupid location, but you of course don't realise this until you need it to make something happen "now"? Well the last 2 days have been like that. At the simple level, where did my salt go for rimming up margarita glasses? these glasses aren polished properly! Why are the cocktail shakers all stacked and still wet from last weekend? Do we really have no clean tea towel? Who put this chilly bin of ice and sparkling wines in the coolroom??? It's now 1 solo block...what do you mean it froze? We thought you were joking! Fuck you arsehole. I don't make shit up just so your job sucks...unless I am going to find it really funny and not be inconvenienced. lucky that shit didn't explode! Would have been a huge mess. Surely if you pulled a red wine glass out of a rack full of red wine glasses at the end of the night you'd put the clean glass back where you got it from? It is easy to figure out as the bar isn't big and the racks are pretty obvious? Nope...you'll just jumble everything into mixed trays and stuff them into the store room? Well I have a space for you on my team! Or maybe you like to tidy up? I batch up a lot of cocktails so that less experienced team members can just pour it out of a bottle ready made. So when I empty a funky shaped bottle (such as the Jinzu gin bottles) I put them in a crate and use them to hold the batched goodies. It is a little eye catching stacked up on the back bar. Well if you decide that the be way to tidy up is to throw all of those bottles in the bin rather than mop the floor or wash down the bins...hit me up for a job! On a bigger scale I coordinate stock across a couple of venues and fuck me! I come back and find stock in the wrong venues and someone getting a parade for "cleaning up" for me. Ummmm...unless someone came in ande messed everything up between my last shift and this apparent clean up I have no idea what they did except move stock to the wrong places and engage in some really stupid storage ideas. Who the fuck lays glass bottles of beer on their side and piles them up in a milk crake??? And then there is the endless "while you were away nobody knew how to do this thing...can you show me how to do it?" Yeah sure but I currently have 6 cocktails to make and a line of customers so maybe later. I'll not bother to have the conservation about how I was told you had already done all of that while I was away so I didn't need to worry... surprise.

Far out! I can only imagine the sort of impact this kind of shit would have in a workplace that was dealing with work types that had important outcomes! At least the worst case scenario is I get confused and someone waits a moment or so longer for a drink. So very first world...

I also think the covid has fried my brain a little. It's currently easily exhausted. So covid or maybe the result of a week of doing nothing and barely sleeping.
Sounds like you need a new job or career even.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like you need a new job or career even.
I think you mean holiday...I've had 2 seperate careers already and have no interest in going back to that shit. It's all just a little convoluted going through a bit of rapid expansion in operations and staff with a pandemic etc.

Plus I think the whole destruction of my snow tour business 2 seasons running and having covid fuck me over on a Canadian escape has bummed me out a little. But don't tell anyone, I'll never admit it!

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think you mean holiday...I've had 2 seperate careers already and have no interest in going back to that shit. It's all just a little convoluted going through a bit of rapid expansion in operations and staff with a pandemic etc.

Plus I think the whole destruction of my snow tour business 2 seasons running and having covid fuck me over on a Canadian escape has bummed me out a little. But don't tell anyone, I'll never admit it!
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Poods. All you can do is just plod along in these unknown economic times, I wouldn't take it too seriously, all it will do is drive you around the bend.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Poods. All you can do is just plod along in these unknown economic times, I wouldn't take it too seriously, all it will do is drive you around the bend.
Misfortunes? I don't known what you mean! I'll have to get he mods to delete all this...

It's not that bad. I'm well aware of how fortunate I have been and give due place to those who have had it worse. But...

Yes! Crisitunuty..

It is time for that vacation.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Booked the first ferry for moving to Tasmania... And wont even be taking the bikes in the first car going down :( Still a fair way off, but suddenly wondering if I'm going to get everything packed in time!

Bit of a hassle getting the dogs down there - Kirsty is going to fly with them so its only one hour of stressing them out instead of a whole night in a cage in the hold of the boat...