What does your day look like?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
When I bought my home in 2003 the street was full of pensioners and small time hoods. The houses were all 30+ years old and there was a teaching vineyard and the end of the court behind a cyclone fence. It have a lovely untouched 70s vibe to it. Last year the house next door was replaced by a two storey McMansion with fake grass and white. At the start of this year the vineyard was bulldozed for a public green space. Today our neighbours on the other side tell us they have plans in council for a subdivision to put a two storey house in their backyard as a retirement plan.
I spent a mountain of time and money updating this house to get it to the pint where my wife loves it. Not anymore.
I am tired.
Clearly there was a natural order established before you moved in so if you want to maintain that order you need to become either a pensioner, or a small-time hood.

The latter does sound more fun!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I bought my home in 2003 the street was full of pensioners and small time hoods. The houses were all 30+ years old and there was a teaching vineyard and the end of the court behind a cyclone fence. It have a lovely untouched 70s vibe to it. Last year the house next door was replaced by a two storey McMansion with fake grass and white stones. At the start of this year the vineyard was bulldozed for a public green space. Today our neighbours on the other side tell us they have plans in council for a subdivision to put a two storey house in their backyard as a retirement plan.
I spent a mountain of time and money updating this house to get it to the point where my wife loves it. Not anymore.
I am tired.
What sort of retirement plan doesn’t include a private vineyard?

Brow

Big Block
Happy Fathers day to all the Dads in RB.

I am told an email is on the way. I suspect a gift voucher for bike bits. Also got a dozen mixed beers. All good and a couple of new ones. A big Toblerone and lunch/dinner, my favorite meatloaf as well as sticky date pudding, being made by the kids. Prob no ride today but a great day spending it with the family.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
In-flight wifi has come along way! It’s no longer $20 a megabyte (in fact it’s free) and it’s peaking at around 12MB/sec.
It is refreshing to know that the WiFi RF frequencies suddenly no longer screw up aircraft navigation or induce voltages in plane wiring looms leading to unexplained nosedives any longer. I thought they have been pushing that hobby horse for ages.

Not that it is anything that we are likely to be doing any time too soon.

Minlak

custom titis
Kinda fits here:-

In the I am not as funny as I think basket (My mum actually told me this one day after upsetting yet another house guest)
Backstory:-
I'm in a facebook group for local Motorbike riders and I know many of them personally and have for years.
We bought the SO her first motorbike on the weekend and now she has to get a learner permit. The rules it appears significantly changed in 2016 and I made a post asking some questions.
I explained
"Thought it was about time I got my licence does any one know how far in advanced the Q-Ride people are in town?"
Got a lot of genuine responses being helpful - Eventually some one asked " I thought you had your lcience?" and I confessed was not for me butt he SO and some people chuckled and we moved on - Or so I thought.
Last night I posted a ride I want to do on Sunday making 2 route suggestions and asking for opinions and interest.

Then the PM's started
Mate - Love the enthusiasm but you don't even have a licence - maybe you should fix that first
Hey a friend of mine died riding before he should have been - you should get your licence
When you fall off and hurt or kill someone you wont even have insurance to cover them

There is also a complete lack of interest in doing a ride with me - Lol

Currently having to explain it was meant as a joke and I have had said licence and been riding off and on for 35 years.

I am supposed to be so unsafe to ride with yet on yesterdays ride I left early as the speeds they were doing were just too unsafe for me to keep up. (they are far my capable than my confidence currently allows for)

Moral of the story - mum was right - again!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Kinda fits here:-

In the I am not as funny as I think basket (My mum actually told me this one day after upsetting yet another house guest)

Backstory:-

I'm in a facebook group for local Motorbike riders and I know many of them personally and have for years.
We bought the SO her first motorbike on the weekend and now she has to get a learner permit. The rules it appears significantly changed in 2016 and I made a post asking some questions.
I explained
"Thought it was about time I got my licence does any one know how far in advanced the Q-Ride people are in town?"
Got a lot of genuine responses being helpful - Eventually some one asked " I thought you had your licence?" and I confessed was not for me but the SO and some people chuckled and we moved on - Or so I thought.
Last night I posted a ride I want to do on Sunday making 2 route suggestions and asking for opinions and interest.

Then the PM's started
Mate - Love the enthusiasm but you don't even have a licence - maybe you should fix that first
Hey a friend of mine died riding before he should have been - you should get your licence
When you fall off and hurt or kill someone you wont even have insurance to cover them

There is also a complete lack of interest in doing a ride with me - Lol

Currently having to explain it was meant as a joke and I have had said licence and been riding off and on for 35 years.

I am supposed to be so unsafe to ride with yet on yesterdays ride I left early as the speeds they were doing were just too unsafe for me to keep up. (they are far my capable than my confidence currently allows for)

Moral of the story - mum was right - again!
What's an SO?