What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Grabbed the mail from my po box and yet again more mail from a particular business for an old old user of the po box. Past return to sender messages have been succinct and polite. Last week I wrote no longer able to be reached at this fucking po box. Yesterday on the first I wrote she no longer loves you, please move on and the next Ms blah is now in a witness protection scheme and cannot be contacted. I think the next step is she is dead?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Grabbed the mail from my po box and yet again more mail from a particular business for an old old user of the po box. Past return to sender messages have been succinct and polite. Last week I wrote no longer able to be reached at this fucking po box. Yesterday on the first I wrote she no longer loves you, please move on and the next Ms blah is now in a witness protection scheme and cannot be contacted. I think the next step is she is dead?
I don’t think anything you are proposing will stop the flow. Options are:

1. Send send the envelope back inside another envelope with a teaspoon white powder and associated note.

2. Revert to the dog shit tactic you have previously employed, but on a smaller, postable scale.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
It's a good day today!
Finally getting to move into my new house in a week or so. Had final inspection today. Hopefully get the keys next week.

I used to repeatedly get someone using my email address instead of their own. Same name, must have a similar email address.
It was really frequent, like in the order of 1-2 per week.
Used to write back kindly - "No, You've got the wrong email etc. - Please let your client know..." etc. etc.

After weeks of this, and the associated email spam. And no one seemingly doing anyting about it – I started replying "Apologies, but please cancel my hair appointment"... And doing a password resets (by email) on their accounts on new websites (probably www.I_can't_remembermy_own_email.com).

After a few of those, it's slowed to one mistake every 4-5 months now. The novelty wore off and I tend to just delete them now they're infrequent.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It all went to shit in the middle of the lunch rush...and now I am wondering if I am the first person in Newcastle to ride thru the drive thru testing facility?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It all went to shit in the middle of the lunch rush...and now I am wondering if I am the first person in Newcastle to ride thru the drive thru testing facility?

Soooooo...

I got a "call me it's urgent!" text from the boss at job 1 while I was under the pump at job 2. Given how things are, it's pretty obvious what that is going on so I hustle a couple of urgent food orders together and give him a call. We had a covid positive person through one of our venues last week a few hours before I started work. Anyway the situation was a little complicated and the health advice was treat it as a casual contact while they try and figure out what I (and the rest of my team) should actually do. Of course I am in the middle to teaching a cooking class. So I wrap up, tell my boss at job 2 what's going on, they send in a sub to finish up (including cleaning up for me! Sucker...), And I ride over to the near by testing facility.

While I am in the never ending + never moving line I'm chatting with friends and one of them strongly recommends I get tested at the hospital where they work for faster results. So I rode up hill to the hospital (John Hunter for the curious locals) and when I get my phone out to undertake the QR scan I see a missed all from boss 1. Once I am in the line we engage in a game of phone tag (he is busy calling up the rest of our team). The line moved real fast, I reckon I waited about 7 minutes! His last effort to call me was a few seconds after my name was called...

Of course he was calling me to let me know I have been excused from needing to get tested! But now I have been probed good and deep I still need to isolate until I get my test results. So here I am isolated with pretty much nothing in the pantry to get me through! Hopefully it's not long. Apparently the usual turn around for the hospital tests (it's where their staff usually get done) is fast, less than 24 hours for a friend recently.

Think I'll be begging for a coffee delivery in the morning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not today, yesterday. I went for a fish and didn't catch anything until the sunset. It was pretty, but not as intense as the previous couple of days. I also lost 1 lure which I had owned for about 12 years. Damn you Poseidon!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Start of day good. Went for a ride. Found some bees. No touchy touchy! So buzz, much hurt, wow!

Feel a little bad for the guy who has to come unlock this gate next time.

Rest of day, sitting in front of a laptop trying to turn legal advice into useful/readable guidance. Ugh. Maybe I should've poked the bees instead.