What does your day look like?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Down in my 'bike dungeon', which is a 10m x 12m unsealed area below my house, the floor gets damp every year around this time as water trickles into it through the hole that the stormwater pipe comes through. This was originally a drainage line that dissipated the water but I changed it to a stormwater pipe the year after we moved in as all it was doing was soaking the walkway.
Probably the past owners were ok with this as an occasional visited storage area but its accessed everyday with us storing bikes in there.

With lockdown and it pissing down for most of the week, I decided to dig it out and install a drainage pit, the soil/clay originally just covered the stormwater pipe. Dug out 12 full barrow loads over 4 hours while my helpers strangely and urgently needed to do their home schooling all of a sudden.

Pity I can't get Bunnings to grab the drainage pit or the to local sand'n'metal joint for about a ton of medium aggregate :rolleyes:

Fckn back is broken, that's my exercise for the day.

Beer o'clock.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Big effort!
It was single digit temps here today and I had a fully sweat soaked t-shirt on. Started feeling cold when I was hosing down the tools at the end of the job.
That clay that came out of there sticks like glue.

Beer reward is feeling nice :p

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Down in my 'bike dungeon', which is a 10m x 12m unsealed area below my house, the floor gets damp every year around this time as water trickles into it through the hole that the stormwater pipe comes through. This was originally a drainage line that dissipated the water but I changed it to a stormwater pipe the year after we moved in as all it was doing was soaking the walkway.
Probably the past owners were ok with this as an occasional visited storage area but its accessed everyday with us storing bikes in there.

With lockdown and it pissing down for most of the week, I decided to dig it out and install a drainage pit, the soil/clay originally just covered the stormwater pipe. Dug out 12 full barrow loads over 4 hours while my helpers strangely and urgently needed to do their home schooling all of a sudden.

Pity I can't get Bunnings to grab the drainage pit or the to local sand'n'metal joint for about a ton of medium aggregate :rolleyes:

Fckn back is broken, that's my exercise for the day.

Beer o'clock.

View attachment 377898
And this is why plumbers charge out at the rate they do. My back hurts looking at that

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Some of the chunts these days wont even quote the job if they cant get machinery in
Yeah, there's some big players that have zero interest in anything resembling work. I've seen what some of the big companies charge and the dodgy practices - doesn't do the rest any favours

I worked for one that had no problems saying yes to a good old fashioned hand dig. Made me wish he was the other type sometimes

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Justified the dual cab Ute and gutted the bathroom.

View attachment 377925

View attachment 377926
Did the last builder have a party when the 4th wall met the 1st wall? Find a corner spa with 1 supported joist under it? Black mould?

My mate is renovating his bathroom. JFC. Things were out by 50-60mm in every direction. Had to hack the joists and studs back 1/3rd depth and bolt new studs and joists on. Really is easy these days with lasers. We were within 1-2mm everywhere once done, and no floor spring. Between pine not being the grade it’s stamped, and spans too far, 20-30 year old buildings are full of challenges. Next dude, hopefully in a long time will be left wondering what asshole used batons screws everywhere.

One of the tips I picked up from an old dude, use two different colour waterproofing, then you can see where each coat is and isn’t.

Sadly I fucked up and didn’t get a single photo.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
When you tank that bathroom, use a PVC membrane system, then cement board then a conventional waterproofing application!

Image from their website, I did the same with our two shower cubicles.

You can never have an over-engineered waterproofing installation.