What do your kids ride?

Switch

huskier headed gent
Nope, more maintenance for me and I'd rather they experience the joys of a hardtail until they find meaningful employment.
You sound like you are fun at parties ;) there is also a black frame with purple ano is that closer to your pink fetish to get you across the line? :D
If you can afford $5k for your kids bikes I don't think servicing costs would be a concern and if they are good enough to fully utilise the Minor Threat chances are they would have a hardtail or 3 as well.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
You sound like you are fun at parties ;) there is also a black frame with purple ano is that closer to your pink fetish to get you across the line? :D
If you can afford $5k for your kids bikes I don't think servicing costs would be a concern and if they are good enough to fully utilise the Minor Threat chances are they would have a hardtail or 3 as well.
Yeah because I'm so serious. I'd let them have any bike they'd want if money wasn't an issue!

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah because I'm so serious. I'd let them have any bike they'd want if money wasn't an issue!
Not saying this is you….but I haaaaate seeing parents out on Uber bikes, with kids on undersized, unsuitable, worn out shitters.
I’ve occasionally mentioned that their kid needs a bigger bike and always get the ‘he/she doesn’t ride much and doesn’t seem to really enjoy it much anyway, so it’s not worth getting them a better bike’ argument…

Ok dad, enjoy your $13k SC/Yeti/Pivot.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not saying this is you….but I haaaaate seeing parents out on Uber bikes, with kids on undersized, unsuitable, worn out shitters.
I’ve occasionally mentioned that their kid needs a bigger bike and always get the ‘he/she doesn’t ride much and doesn’t seem to really enjoy it much anyway, so it’s not worth getting them a better bike’ argument…

For a minute there I was wondering why you have so many parents riding one up on tandems. Got it now.

Switch

huskier headed gent

Had quite a lot of leftover dirt after building our house so borrowed a mates mini excavator and mini pump track for the kids (4 & 7). Only problem is they think this is normal now and have no appreciation of how much I would have killed for something like this as a kid. Still some more landscaping to make it look pretty as that was a big part of selling the concept to my wife.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

Well you can't say this is me because I don't ride a dentist's bike and my children are getting decent bikes in a couple of weeks.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Little Sender is getting a real bike for his birthday, I promise! Still won't be a duallie tho

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've just gone from one type of parent to the other. My son was riding a beater street bmx that was too big for him to a Marin Rift Zone Jr that's still a tad big but has most of the mod cons.

I'm also investing in mtb coaching for him because he wouldn't listen to me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Kids can go on and off things really quickly, we have went all in with the best gear on loads of sporting and hobby fads for our kids, just to be discarded at the drop of a hat.

I have seen a lot of uninterested shit kids riding expensive bikes because their parents had cash and a lot of really dedicated kids on shitters because of separated parents or some other reason.
I think a parent spending time with their kids, gauging the interest level of their child and buying them the appropriate gear is 100% the best way

If parents don't spend the time or money or throw money and no time, still the same shit situation.

No doubt there are also those out there that ride a fancy top end bike while there kids are on shitters but there may be other reasons, I have seen broken families where this was a real issue due to child support and parents that don't get on. Dad buying a decent bike for his son then him taking it to mums where it gets stolen or dad not allowing the kid to take the bike to mums.

Even in my house, they feel like they are 2nd class citizens, #2 wants a AXS Santa Cruz Megatower, #1 wants a... different bike every week.