What do you ride with your kids?

Mica

Likes Dirt
With all the talk about what your kids ride I'm more interested in what you ride with your kids? What bike/s do you keep, justify, or have even bought to go for a ride with the kids?

My two little ones are finally clicking with riding...

(Cue proud parent photo above from yesterday's first day on the big bike which she hasn't gotten off yet, except for the odd accident)

To roll along the bike paths and the odd off-road adventure I put this spare parts build together out of my old SS cross frame which has been reincarnated for about the fourth time...

It's a strange beast but fits the job and justifies its existence.

I am already thinking jump/pump bike for when BMX racing starts, then a more relaxed/fun mountain bike for when we hit the trails as the only off-roader in my life these days is a fast 29HT

The kids certainly thinned the bike collection for a few years but it's starting to look like that has paid off and it's time to restock the fleet, and as it's all for quality family time the minister of finance will struggle to say otherwise.

Surely I'm not alone....

Sadly I don't come bearing pictures.

My old fully-rigid Giant Iguana has become my go-to bike for pulling trailers/tag-a-longs and following young-uns who are known to stop suddenly in front of me while on a narrow path.

Its been a blessing in disguise as I recently upgraded to a full-suss mountain bike as the Iguana kept being used for pulling stuff. For the last 20 years I've been chattering along with no suspension and saying THIS IS FINE when I have to get out and walk on rocks :-/

Slowman

Likes Dirt
This is my surf check/caravan park/family ride bike. I had an old 26" Specialized Rockhopper but saw this frame new for $129 and had some spare 29er wheels lying about so upgraded to a 29er. I mount surfboard racks on it too, which I wasn't keen on doing to my "good" bikes.

Just as an aside, the paint job on this frame is amazing, the best toughest I've ever come across. When I first mounted the rear wheel it was crooked in the frame and I thought "aha you get what you pay for!" I thought the rear tips were misaligned and after checking them they were OK and I thought it might be the actual holes and one side not being deep enough. On closer inspection it was because the paint was too thick on one of the rear tips stopping the axle from seating properly. Normally the paint flakes off immediately when you ram the axle into it but not this, no matter how hard I smashed it in. I had to file it back! Once I removed this thickened droplet of paint all was good but I have never seen paint that tough. It's about 12 months old now and still looks brand new.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Pick me pick me pick me!

Lynskey MT29 with a mac ride and a robert axle project axle for the Chariot Cougar 2.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
My XC(ish) bike if riding xc with him. (Lighter orange 5)
My trail bike if riding trail with him. (Burlier orange 5 or spitfire)
My enduro bike if riding enduro with him. (Rune, tranny suppressor or orange Alpine 160)

He rides is spitfire in all the above conditions, and beats me in every discipline. Deal with it.