What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Your internet points are off the charts ;) looking forward to the ride report!

Ride report? Pffffft...this is rotorburn! There will be a lot of very sexy photos and not picking about the headset cups not lining up with an imaginary line of symmetry to the tyre valves.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Good pick up mate. It does have clearance issues with the Voima downtube but the Levo and Titan are all good. Fork shuffle happening tomorrow after work.
??? ;)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Ride report? Pffffft...this is rotorburn! There will be a lot of very sexy photos and not picking about the headset cups not lining up with an imaginary line of symmetry to the tyre valves.
Silly me of course. Do we spray mud on the bike to make it look ridden or pristine studio shots only?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
??? ;)
Worked out perfectly tbh. The Voima is meant to have 190 front travel but the Intend with the Mezzer damper only allows 180. This will lift the front that amount and correct the geo.
IMG_3587.jpeg

ausdb

Being who he is
??? ;)
Burn me at the stake as a heretic but whats wrong with using one of these to cheat 10mm of clearance under the downtube?
Asking for a friend, who wants to use a 140mm fork on a 150mm bike with an integrated headset and is semi dangerous with a lathe and has a chunk of aluminium about the right size. :rolleyes:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Burn me at the stake as a heretic but whats wrong with using one of these to cheat 10mm of clearance under the downtube?
Asking for a friend, who wants to use a 140mm fork on a 150mm bike with an integrated headset and is semi dangerous with a lathe and has a chunk of aluminium about the right size. :rolleyes:
Probably nothing in reality. I dislike the idea of the loads from the crown race/bearing being at the point where most steerer tubes start to taper in, but what would actually be stronger out of a raised crown race as part of a spacer vs. a thin external bearing cup - NFI. I have already bought one of those WolfTooth EC56 cups for when the temptation strikes in future though. :p

ausdb

Being who he is
External headset cup?
carpet fiber stunt jumper integrated, no can do external cup

Probably nothing in reality. I dislike the idea of the loads from the crown race/bearing being at the point where most steerer tubes start to taper in, but what would actually be stronger out of a raised crown race as part of a spacer vs. a thin external bearing cup - NFI. I have already bought one of those WolfTooth EC56 cups for when the temptation strikes in future though. :p
It's a public holiday weekend coming up for us, hopefully the family planets will align for some "me" time in the shed to get the lathe onto the stand where its supposed to be and try to play "fitter and turner". It's been a while so probably more like "fit her in the lathe and turn it into sh!t" ;)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Managed to destroy my e13 Helix cassette. It’s a single machined billet. It’s not meant to be in two pieces. last week my axle came loose, popped the driver and killed the pawls. I’m guessing it must have weakened or damaged the cassette then.
IMG_1064.jpeg

ausdb

Being who he is
Managed to destroy my e13 Helix cassette. It’s a single machined billet. It’s not meant to be in two pieces. last week my axle came loose, popped the driver and killed the pawls. I’m guessing it must have weakened or damaged the cassette then.
Ouch that looks expensive :(