What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
How was it? Looks like they’ve been doing a bit of trail work up there which was sorely needed.

Went up this time last year and there wasn’t much worth riding other than Altitude and Hero.
I haven't been in about 5 years but I'd say so. Sunday's shuttle day didn't really work out due to the shitty weather so I didn't ride a lot of stuff I'd been looking forward to revisiting, but there seems to be a combination of new machine built flow stuff and a lot of hand cut techy trails all over the joint (mostly in near perfect condition). Certainly won't be waiting that long before going again, might pay more attention to the forecast though...

Chips at the Bright Brewery are a popular choice too

20230527_192530 1.jpg

crash3

Likes Dirt
I have wondered how the extra power from an eeb would effect the drivetrain. There you go.

First spin after tuning suspension to Rockshox's recommendations (only owned the bike two and a half years, I got around to it). Reckon the pressures are way too high, even for my 110kg ass (162 psi front, 249 rear).

The new skills track at Coondoo is coming along though, the SCUM guys are putting in good work there.

skinny.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have wondered how the extra power from an eeb would effect the drivetrain. There you go.
See I would have thought this fairly straight forward, the eeeeeeeee-sistance is (on an unmodified bike) up to ~25km/hr...suddenly you can be charging up a climb at 25km/hr. The same for chugging into rock gardens or sections of trail armouring that might be on sections of climbs or flattish trail. It's not so much about the extra weight, but more the consistent impact bursts of higher speeds in sections of trail that haven't previously seen that type of riding. It's pretty negligible on down hill sections as the speed should be exceeding the 25km/hr cut off.

Bike parts, ride techniques, trail design, and a bunch of other factors are all due for an overhaul to suit the eeeeeeb-volution. Probably with a bit more of an influence from dirt bike knowledge.

...and damn it! Why the fuck wasn't 10 speed enough?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
My pedals were making a clicking noise so I thought I'd take them off to clean and regrease.
And then I thought I'd remove the crank to clean and regrease.
Then I thought while all that's off, I'd remove the bottom bracket to clean and regrease.
And then I thought I'd put on the pink oval Burgtec chainring to see how much chainstay clearance there is with an oval 30T (plenty)
But then the chain was grabbing the chainring teeth so I took it off and put the original one back on.

And now it's midday.

moorey

call me Mia
My pedals were making a clicking noise so I thought I'd take them off to clean and regrease.
And then I thought I'd remove the crank to clean and regrease.
Then I thought while all that's off, I'd remove the bottom bracket to clean and regrease.
And then I thought I'd put on the pink oval Burgtec chainring to see how much chainstay clearance there is with an oval 30T (plenty)
But then the chain was grabbing the chainring teeth so I took it off and put the original one back on.

And now it's midday.
Sounds like new chain time.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Fuck you and just upgrade to 12 speed.

And now you do what they told ya.
Great to see how much you have matured since last time.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Reckon the pressures are way too high, even for my 110kg ass (162 psi front, 249 rear).
You sure on that fork pressure, most RS recommendations are 163psi max in a fork and anything I can find looks like 115psi for 220lbs, add more for over that and at 110kg you are 240lbs.

I would drop to 115-120psi, then set the sag to 30% by adding air or subtracting.

Same with the shock, around about 200psi would be a starting point for 25-30%.