What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Bought a neglected 2008 NS Suburban 24" and am in the process of breathing new life into her, gave her a good clean and threw on a brand new Manitou Circus Comp from Dirtworks, a 2nd hand Chris King Headset and some new Schwalbe tabletop tyres fitted. Have some purple deity grips, purple OneUp composite pedals and a Dartmoor pivotal seat and post enroute. Will cut steerer and install starnut tomorrow.

Last edited:

FoxRidersCo

Anyone have experience with the Deity Highside bars ?

Thinking of getting a set of the 80mm rise model and a cavity stem.

FoxRidersCo

A friend has some on his DJ bike. They have lasted him a few years of big jumps. He is a very light build and a smooth rider.

Bike looks cool! @FoxRidersCo
I'll see how I go with the NS District bars for now, they are steel and tuff as hell and I'm a 100+ Kg fatty now.. haha

The whole bike only cost me $400 which is pretty good, It's just a shame the Argyle 409 Solo Air Forks that were on it were munted beyond repair.

New parts spend ~$350 so far... not too bad

I thought the hubs were profile racing at first but it turns out they're actually NPJ Dirtbikes.. which is a blast from the past.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think I got the wrong bars...mate has a deity high rise DJ bar, but it might be older than the highside. Will have to pay more attention next time I'm kicking back at the jumps talking shit and blocking up the roll in.

Sounds like a pretty good return on investment this far.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did yesterday... swapped out the GX for XT :cool: 30km last night with lights and it felt nice to be back on Shimano.

2 upshifts and 4 down with one press, vital on an ebike as getting off the gas to shift rather than twang through the drivetrain destroying chains and cassettes will keep shifting crisp.

The SRAM 1 shift in either direction was annoying and sometimes it didn't shift which required another click in both directions.

PXL_20230517_075732724.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Did yesterday... swapped out the GX for XT :cool: 30km last night with lights and it felt nice to be back on Shimano.

2 upshifts and 4 down with one press, vital on an ebike as getting off the gas to shift rather than twang through the drivetrain destroying chains and cassettes will keep shifting crisp.

The SRAM 1 shift in either direction was annoying and sometimes it didn't shift which required another click in both directions.

View attachment 399667
I am still waiting for someone to make a shifter with the lovely light crisp shifts of SRAM with the double upshift of Shimano...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
After much deliberating....I think I have chosen the start point for my next project build....
Get in quick to be first in line for when I sell it, (about three weeks after the completion of the build, based on previous projects).
Geezz, that is pr0n. As advised, I have taken my place in the line and set my watch start the countdown.
Can't say you are out eyeing off ugly gas pipe bikes, no sir :cool:

FoxRidersCo

He’s built the bike 15yr old me dreamed of. Super jealous.
Yeah I think I got a bit nostalgic with the purchase thinking I was a still a young'n.

I took it for a spin and my brittle 40 year old body was hating me.. ha ha

I may end up selling her and investing in a more age appropriate (sized + dually) rig and let a kid have a blast.

Doesn't help that I haven't ridden a bike in over a decade because life got in the way.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah I think I got a bit nostalgic with the purchase thinking I was a still a young'n.

I may end up selling her and investing in a more age appropriate (sized + dually) rig and let a kid have a blast.

Doesn't help that I haven't ridden a bike in over a decade because life got in the way.
Don’t sell it. Even if it’s just used for bombing streets it’s worth hanging onto, you owe it to your younger self.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He’s built the bike 15yr old me dreamed of. Super jealous.

You can keep that level of love to yourself...

It is a very sexy ride.

I clocked about 15km around the city today on my bike proof. Even rolled it out to a skate park near Annandale/Glebe. It was not a great park for the bike, but I still had some funs.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur