What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've been riding around with my eyes closed this year.
Usually I seen snakes quite often, maybe 1 a ride... sometimes multiple each ride.

Total for summer 22-23 is about 5 :oops:
That's not many. Seeing so many out riding that way actually neutered my pathological fear of them, given they were either trying to get away from you (blacks) or showing zero interest in your existence (browns).

Did have a brown chase me on Tunnel Vision at Eagle once, that was less fun. May have scored a PB though.
Couple of nice illegal trails built off the side of Bullocks. Venison is a great loop and then some downhill tracks, Twisted gum, Brown Sally and Purgatory.
There were some trails that dropped down from Venison that ended up alongside some old dumped cars that had been there for decades, in pretty good nick too (even intact windows). I'll see if I can find some photos....

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Smashed out a couple of hours at Wombat yesterday. Come across another rider not wearing a helmet. Said he forgot/left it at home over 100k away. Would you still ride if you forgot helmet?
I’ve done this once and still rode. Figured I’d take it easy then crashed on a blue trail and glanced my head on the soft dirt on impact. In hindsight I should have just ridden normally and I would have been fine.

Or not ridden could have been another option.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Smashed out a couple of hours at Wombat yesterday. Come across another rider not wearing a helmet. Said he forgot/left it at home over 100k away. Would you still ride if you forgot helmet?
No. If it was nice bush I would just go for a walk and contemplate the live's of a couple of people I know of with acquired brain damage. Might also think about a couple of helmets I have broken.