What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Truly a fml moment today.

Riding back up to the top I hear a squeaking sound. I think, that's odd and bounce to see if I can pin point it. Sounds like breaks. Get off squeeze and push to see if anything is stuck there.... nope not the breaks. Find a rock perfectly wedged between my stanchion and crown and a nice big scratch half way up my stanchion. Hard to make out in the photo but it's going to need repair and I dunno how to do it. View attachment 397938
Hambo it. It’s a bummer but it’s easy to fix.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Took it out of the car. It's been sitting upside down since Monday night, both brake levers straight to the bar.

It'll sit right way up in the shed for 24 hours, then in the car to go down Shepparton way. Will pack the bleed cup in case they don't come good.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Gave the chain a soak in kero for 24 hours, then chucked it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 10 mins last night. This got a lot of the crap off, but a bit of sand was still on the chain. Gave it a brush and a blast with iPone motorcycle chain cleaner, still a little bit of sand. Eh, probably not going to get much better so I cleaned up the cassette and chainring, chucked the chain back on, lubed it and put it in the car for this morning's ride.

30 min ride at Coondoo got it all sandy again :/

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Finally...after 5 months of lies and false promises my Propain frame is here... Lol...no... It's not.
Something else turned up in 3 days though, so now all those parts sitting around doing nothing have a home.
Commencal Meta SX in Keswick Green
View attachment 397976
Sounds like propain don't like you. You taking this frame to NZ? It looks sick and I can see your excited! Have you got the party towel out ready for use or is it now drying off over the chair?

PSX_20230317_164059~2.jpg

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Sounds like propain don't like you. You taking this frame to NZ? It looks sick and I can see your excited! Have you got the party towel out ready for use or is it now drying off over the chair?
Its not even Propain, the frame has been sitting there ready to ship since before Christmas, its the local distributor waiting for something or other to send a pallet load of bikes here, its hard to decipher through all the dribble.... NZ trip is done, got back from 3 weeks there on Sunday. The "fuck this" moment happened when I got home to no Propain frame, which he said he would DHLexpress to me a month earlier, so I rang and asked and he spun some other BS story. Towel is purposely blurry to hide the stains.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We can totally see them
They are stains of joy and victory. They should be displayed with pride!

Its not even Propain, the frame has been sitting there ready to ship since before Christmas, its the local distributor waiting for something or other to send a pallet load of bikes here, its hard to decipher through all the dribble.... NZ trip is done, got back from 3 weeks there on Sunday. The "fuck this" moment happened when I got home to no Propain frame, which he said he would DHLexpress to me a month earlier, so I rang and asked and he spun some other BS story. Towel is purposely blurry to hide the stains.
But you'll go back to NZ...to feel why it's like with a functional shock yeah?

The Propain story sounds as fun as a kick in the balls. Are you going to ride it out? Or get a refund?