What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Can I add some compression damping to the BB area?
I rode my new bike around the backyard while still only half-built with a rigid seat post at half mast, no crank spacers and no brakes to see how it bunny hopped. I realised afterwards I'd also forgotten to check if the stem bolts were done up.

So I am possibly not the best person to get safety advice from. To be fair though aside from nearly getting tangled in a bedsheet hanging on the clothesline, no incidents occured!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So much matchymatchy...who even does that with their bikes?
IMG_20220716_140216.jpg

Compress_20230314_115821_1239.jpg
I might have washed down my shed floor with sweat, but I finished 99.9% of the assembly:
View attachment 397818

Backyard roll hints the 550lb rear spring might not quite be firm enough*, but need some trail time to be sure. Just need some crank spacers and we can take it out for playtime. Feels surprisingly light and playful given how hefty the build is.

*Probably not a good idea to assess this when I rode my gravel-Highball this morning. :p
Looks great!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Usually these flatlander jokes involve @Cardy George, he'll be happy that someone else is getting a share :p
Coincidently I drove within cooee of Dr @beeb this morning. I'm staying the night in Myrtleford for work and I put the bike on the back seat because I thought I might have had enough time to get down the road to Mystic or up to Beechworth. Didn't happen. Arrived in town at 11am, knocked off at 10pm. I'm heading north tomorrow and thought I could squeak on something around Griffith, but no, tomorrow is now full too. So basically by the time I get home I will have driven my bike 1,600km :confused:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Coincidently I drove within cooee of Dr @beeb this morning. I'm staying the night in Myrtleford for work and I put the bike on the back seat because I thought I might have had enough time to get down the road to Mystic or up to Beechworth. Didn't happen. Arrived in town at 11am, knocked off at 10pm. I'm heading north tomorrow and thought I could squeak on something around Griffith, but no, tomorrow is now full too. So basically by the time I get home I will have driven my bike 1,600km :confused:
...and still only have clocked up 25vm. :p

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
A day late, but yesterday rode the full Cascade trail at Lake Mountain.

The top half is excellent, especially after the summit with the rock rolls and multiple lines. The lower sections of the bottom half were pretty chewed up since the last ride there.

It was the first proper ride with the silent Onyx on the rear and it's amazing how loud the brake pad on rotor noise is and the action of the dropper too!

Start and finish feeds are also in there. :p
Plus an entry into the FW thread that I'm sure someone will pickup...

IMG_20230314_082543_copy_1687x2250.jpgIMG_20230314_105928_copy_1910x1432.jpgIMG_20230314_101110_copy_1685x1264.jpgIMG_20230314_104909_copy_1423x1898.jpgIMG_20230314_155331_copy_1625x2168.jpgIMG_20230314_122228_copy_1636x1226.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I hope you're strava-ing it. All those koms.

Jpez

Down on the left!
A day late, but yesterday rode the full Cascade trail at Lake Mountain.

The top half is excellent, especially after the summit with the rock rolls and multiple lines. The lower sections of the bottom half were pretty chewed up since the last ride there.

It was the first proper ride with the silent Onyx on the rear and it's amazing how loud the brake pad on rotor noise is and the action of the dropper too!

Start and finish feeds are also in there. :p
Plus an entry into the FW thread that I'm sure someone will pickup...

View attachment 397901View attachment 397902View attachment 397903View attachment 397904View attachment 397905View attachment 397906
How did the backwards rubber run? Parma looks good.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
No chips with that schnitter, fuckwit!

Or is it just my phone making them look like carrot strips?

(Cue MexiKid)
Don't fret! They were chips! :)
How did the backwards rubber run? Parma looks good.
Still forwards! That photo at the lookout was the first time I noticed it and every slippery looking corner after that I was, "Shit! My front tyre is on backwards. Here comes death!", but I survived! :p

And yes, the Parma was good!

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Truly a fml moment today.

Riding back up to the top I hear a squeaking sound. I think, that's odd and bounce to see if I can pin point it. Sounds like breaks. Get off squeeze and push to see if anything is stuck there.... nope not the breaks. Find a rock perfectly wedged between my stanchion and crown and a nice big scratch half way up my stanchion. Hard to make out in the photo but it's going to need repair and I dunno how to do it.
20230316_132029.jpg