What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm really hoping they were just very yellow benchtops that have thrown of the camera white-balance and you haven't actually blued the spring. o_O

Nice lathe-ing as always though. :)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I'm really hoping they were just very yellow benchtops that have thrown of the camera white-balance and you haven't actually blued the spring. o_O

Nice lathe-ing as always though. :)
Yeah nah, didn't blue the spring it's actually a grey coating.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last week I fitted my new BTLOS wheel set to my Ripmo, I also got a pair of rims when I ordered the wheelset, because I’d discovered they have the same ERD as the Ripmo’s OEM aluminium rims. Started on the rim transplant today, got the back wheel done and will get the front done before bedtime tonight. Just the assembly bit though, I’ll get to the truing/dishing and final tension in the next few days. Did manage to remember to get the offset on the correct side so I’m quite pleased about that
6DAB9D68-B79F-401B-B710-04A8947C433B.jpeg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just continuing the 650b love in, got this up and running last weekend and a bit of a shake down ride.

20221119_113042 (3).jpg

With 25% sag the rear suspension feels great already, forks need some tuning though. More agile and zippy than I remembered (although the Cushcore has been binned off). Little wheels definitely still have a place.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I wish it was that easy! Spring is bought, those I did grind the closed ends on the lathe as they came un-ground.
Haha, I can't imagine anything more impossible than trying to turn a coil spring from barstock. Grinding the ends flat would be about all I would bother with.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just continuing the 650b love in, got this up and running last weekend and a bit of a shake down ride.

View attachment 394686

With 25% sag the rear suspension feels great already, forks need some tuning though. More agile and zippy than I remembered (although the Cushcore has been binned off). Little wheels definitely still have a place.
Pardon my ignorance, but is that a Mojo?