What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Anyway, since I got it I've had to mess with the drivetrain a little. Previous owner had the B screw go right through the hanger, so he put a hanger extender on to bypass having to get a new hanger.. it was jank as. So I replaced that, I put a new derailluer one (thinking it was the problem initially, oh well, i get a new one)... still had some shifting issues so I did my first inner/outer cabl
A new ebike! It's not something I'd not something I'd normally be encouraging, but they have a time and a place. Clearly something to look forward to once you are through the chemo.
something id dearly love, but unfortunately im stone broke and due to having to miss a lot of work, im going to be stone ass broke for a while longer.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out with Yvonne for one of our usual rides. Lots of climbing (over 1000 meters). I am really feeling it being back on the MBT. Yvonne and I spent 8 weeks from mid July to mid September riding from Whitehorse to Moab through the Rockies. This endurance style riding seems to have worked against the anaerobic fitness of mountain biking. The last couple of weeks with only 3-4 rides has been hard but today I/wee felt like we are startin to get back to normal.
Rode from Lenah Valley up over the fire roads on Mt Wellington, to the top of Bracken Lane then to the Telstra Tower on Chimney Pot hill. I felt gaxed!
20221119_104227 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Bikes, and us, enjoying well earned rest.
Then the fun bit back down, through South Hobart and over Knocklofty.
20221119_111607 (FILEminimizer).jpg

One more down, then one more up and home. Great Spring morning to be out!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went gravelling (no pics), just a roll around town. Mix of road, gravel road, gravel bike path and the occasional bridge/boardwalk - wouldn't have been far but left after the morning/early arvo showers, got plenty of @Cardy George-style "elevation" in (riding into strong headwinds, lol), and got home before the evening deluge and lightning currently bombing down. That's one good thing about living in the flatlands - you can see the change coming - and it was certainly a good motivator not to get lazy while riding home today!

Definitely still not short of water up here either. Foreground of pic is a roadside verge (yep, the full width of it) east of town - it's been sandbagged to keep the road dry as the water level is above the road in some places! :eek:
13E02CB4-7D3D-48C9-8E2C-DE7E6150C49B.jpeg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Went gravelling (no pics), just a roll around town. Mix of road, gravel road, gravel bike path and the occasional bridge/boardwalk - wouldn't have been far but left after the morning/early arvo showers, got plenty of @Cardy George-style "elevation" in (riding into strong headwinds, lol), and got home before the evening deluge and lightning currently bombing down. That's one good thing about living in the flatlands - you can see the change coming - and it was certainly a good motivator not to get lazy while riding home today!

Definitely still not short of water up here either. Foreground of pic is a roadside verge (yep, the full width of it) east of town - it's been sandbagged to keep the road dry as the water level is above the road in some places! :eek:View attachment 394578
I thought you said you weren't moving to Mildura?

Lots of this in the lower lying areas.

And yes, that's the river on the left.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Early spin this morning with one of the Thursday night crew, first time riding The Valley properly. Got in around 14km and 400m vertical before heading off for family stuff.

Really liked how raw and rocky it is. I usually ride well within my comfort zone so was interesting to be riding stuff that tested the skills and judgement a bit. One trip over the bars when I took a bad line into a steep section; had to pull to a stop but couldn’t keep the rear wheel down and was forced to bail over the front. Landed on my feet and no damage done.

Also had one of those moments where I hit a loose off camber corner just perfect and felt like a pro for a micro second. Still smiling about it.

5B5530D5-76C4-4E4C-B2CF-29A2A32ED52C.jpeg

E7D5B88D-EB96-4C32-8195-E9BF06AB144E.jpeg

B052A3AF-120A-4C4A-AE19-F3907E041790.jpeg

32FC281E-439D-4299-862A-BEECB35D7072.jpeg

This isn’t me riding, but this is a big jump that’s been placed on the b-line of one of the trails. I luckily was going slow enough to realise it wasn’t rollable and pull up in time before I launched myself to a certain death. Not really a great jump, photo doesn’t do the ramp justice but it’s big and steep enough that if you hit it at the natural trail speed you’d overshoot the landing by miles.

6E8C7683-BBF0-4151-80AC-D810EDD5CCD2.jpeg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Early spin this morning with one of the Thursday night crew, first time riding The Valley properly. Got in around 14km and 400m vertical before heading off for family stuff.

Really liked how raw and rocky it is. I usually ride well within my comfort zone so was interesting to be riding stuff that tested the skills and judgement a bit. One trip over the bars when I took a bad line into a steep section; had to pull to a stop but couldn’t keep the rear wheel down and was forced to bail over the front. Landed on my feet and no damage done.

Also had one of those moments where I hit a loose off camber corner just perfect and felt like a pro for a micro second. Still smiling about it.

View attachment 394592

View attachment 394593

View attachment 394594

View attachment 394595

This isn’t me riding, but this is a big jump that’s been placed on the b-line of one of the trails. I luckily was going slow enough to realise it wasn’t rollable and pull up in time before I launched myself to a certain death. Not really a great jump, photo doesn’t do the ramp justice but it’s big and steep enough that if you hit it at the natural trail speed you’d overshoot the landing by miles.

View attachment 394596
Nice! I was hoping to get out this morning too but non-sleeping kids for the last few nights put paid to that!
Will have to have a valley trip when you know where you’re going!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Nice! I was hoping to get out this morning too but non-sleeping kids for the last few nights put paid to that!
Will have to have a valley trip when you know where you’re going!
Could do. I’m not sure how often I’ll ride it. Was fun but some of the sections have the ability to get ugly pretty quick. I’ve gotten soft and want to be in comfort zone.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Could do. I’m not sure how often I’ll ride it. Was fun but some of the sections have the ability to get ugly pretty quick. I’ve gotten soft and want to be in comfort zone.
Fair one. Don’t want my head bouncing off a rock either!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I took it for a bit of a pedal! Got up to glenrock lagoon for the first time I a while and how strange it was. The place was born dry! Dusty even! Like it hasn't rained all year...And erosion was everywhere. Jumps all worn down, corners all blown out, rocks and ruts, leaves gallore, and all round disappointment.

I decided to ride like a Jerry and pogo myself straight into a tree while failing to navigate a small stepdown hip that was too washed out to ride. very low speed collision where I dismounted clean before impact. Bike is fine.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I decided to ride like a Jerry and pogo myself straight into a tree while failing to navigate a small stepdown hip that was too washed out to ride. very low speed collision where I dismounted clean before impact. Bike is fine.
Get this man a GoPro for posterity and YouTube channel!

Glad you didn't get banged up since trees can be unforgiving.