What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah, that's the first change it's had.

From memory I don't think the oil in the Katipo was as dark on its first change.
Judging from the oil drops inside the top (air-filled) section of the syringe, IMO it look like the oil is in decent condition (still clear) and is just carrying a bit of very fine metal contaminates from the gears meshing. Wouldn't mind betting it actually comes out a a little bit cleaner next time now the gears are run in.
That's either a very thin oil or they've put a moly additive in it.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Took the fresh oil (and the rest of the bike) out to Somewhere Good for the first time.

It's like a more fun, interesting version of Forest with nicer climbs.

The woodwork is really well built and gave some good heart pounding moments! Including my mate totally freezing on top of the big lump on the roller coaster section.

It's a big drive from Geelong, but was worth it. A good day.

Screenshot_20221003_193431_com.google.android.apps.photos_copy_1344x896.png
IMG_20221003_135856_copy_1590x1192.jpg
IMG_20221003_134624_copy_1172x1564.jpg

Attachments

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Somehow got out for two rides today! This afternoon’s was much shorter and very much a winch and plummet affair. I dropped into the first trail here and realised my sunnies were on top of my helmet so had to stop and reconfigure…also figured it was a good spot for a pic and race mode could be switched off (damn Strava) as I’d past the start beacon :p
759B3ED1-ACA8-496C-A159-89D1C660997B.jpeg

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Went for a ride...

Picked these up on the way home.

Paid $125 for the park work stand and $180 for the aldi mountain bike. It's heavy, but it's acera ish spec so perfect for a work hack and hitting bike paths. Will probably convert it to a 1x deore setup later.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ive got about $500 queued up in shopping carts too lmao.... yeah, you're not wrong.

You're game is still fresh...500 is just the tip! You wait until you're telling yourself that you do need to upgrade those already suitable forks for a micro penis of potentially better performance...and then still need to get them tuned.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the fresh oil (and the rest of the bike) out to Somewhere Good for the first time.

It's like a more fun, interesting version of Forest with nicer climbs.

The woodwork is really well built and gave some good heart pounding moments! Including my mate totally freezing on top of the big lump on the roller coaster section.

It's a big drive from Geelong, but was worth it. A good day.
Looks like great riding. Had no idea it existed!
Google says its 2.5 hrs from my place, worth the drive out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got #1 sons car sorted, got him off and driving a manual safely, trip to Melrose to cut the grass, work and life... been a busy month and of course, riding a bike is the first thing to suffer when shit gets hectic.

Anyway, have done a couple of runs with the new GoPro, both were overcast days. GoPro typically overexposes but it looks like they have sorted this issue after 10 cameras.
Both the vids here and the set from in Melrose are too dark, the camera now no longer needs to run EV Comp in the minus settings on an overcast day.
Have also ran this group in Hypersmooth Auto Boost and it crops the video in a lot further than the normal Hypersmooth. Will continue to do a few test runs over the next few weeks.

These are relatively rough tracks and the Hypersmooth doesnt even flicker, check out 2:50 for the infamous @Cardy George Hill.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Got #1 sons car sorted, got him off and driving a manual safely, trip to Melrose to cut the grass, work and life... been a busy month and of course, riding a bike is the first thing to suffer when shit gets hectic.

Anyway, have done a couple of runs with the new GoPro, both were overcast days. GoPro typically overexposes but it looks like they have sorted this issue after 10 cameras.
Both the vids here and the set from in Melrose are too dark, the camera now no longer needs to run EV Comp in the minus settings on an overcast day.
Have also ran this group in Hypersmooth Auto Boost and it crops the video in a lot further than the normal Hypersmooth. Will continue to do a few test runs over the next few weeks.

These are relatively rough tracks and the Hypersmooth doesnt even flicker, check out 2:50 for the infamous @Cardy George Hill.

Aha. I didn't know which was CG Hill. Now I do. There's a few sketchy spots that sneak up and catch you out on that loop, if you're not on the right line.

Important note: I'm never on the right line.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

3:05

Right where you flicked from the left wheel track to the right. That was my intent too.