What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I installed the new stem last night for today's ride at the Youies.

There's issues with the pedals unfortunately and they're going to be a while off again.

Now time to pull it apart and send bits away for service and refresh a few things like tyres, new post and some other small bits.

Screenshot_20220915_152152_com.google.android.apps.photos.png

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Nah don't waste your time, its just Hambo being hambo. I'd tell him to fuck off but he'll likely get me banned... although I'm not really a spectral owner anymore so hey...
Hambo has a spectral? Holy shit, I'll have to tell my mate to cancel his (continuously delayed) 125 that I suggested he buy.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I installed the new stem last night for today's ride at the Youies.

There's issues with the pedals unfortunately and they're going to be a while off again.

Now time to pull it apart and send bits away for service and refresh a few things like tyres, new post and some other small bits.

View attachment 392812
Unite Co stem with splatter?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
24km tonight with the trails in mint condition. 2nd ride back from Covid and it’s the most I’ve ever struggled on the bike. Luckily there was a new guy in the group struggling with the pace so we split away and did our own thing. Not sure if it’s Covid still impacting ~4 weeks on, that I’ve started running again in last 3 weeks (haven’t run at all for 12 months), or starting intermittent fasting this week, but hope whatever it is sorts itself soon, I almost started considering an e-bike for the a second there…

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
24km tonight with the trails in mint condition. 2nd ride back from Covid and it’s the most I’ve ever struggled on the bike. Luckily there was a new guy in the group struggling with the pace so we split away and did our own thing. Not sure if it’s Covid still impacting ~4 weeks on, that I’ve started running again in last 3 weeks (haven’t run at all for 12 months), or starting intermittent fasting this week, but hope whatever it is sorts itself soon, I almost started considering an e-bike for the a second there…
It took me months to get back into riding post covid. My heart would just go nuts, hit 200 bps and wouldn't drop. Scary af when you're in your mid 40s...

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
It took me months to get back into riding post covid. My heart would just go nuts, hit 200 bps and wouldn't drop. Scary af when you're in your mid 40s...
Mine does that anyway, and I've managed to dodge COVID so far...
180bpm is pretty standard for any exercise I do and tends to stay that way for an hour after I finish.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Mine does that anyway, and I've managed to dodge COVID so far...
180bpm is pretty standard for any exercise I do and tends to stay that way for an hour after I finish.
I've had two friends pass away from heart attacks since Christmas, one was 43 and the other 44... The high bps for lengthy periods isn't normal for me as mine normally drops.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Could be you are now susceptible to SVT post-covid.
I've had it for the last 6 years, and it has been random triggers.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I was feeling a bit kicked around for about 3 weeks post-covid, but felt better each ride; from what I hear it's a pretty common lingering effect.

If you're running as well, and fasting, the combination of them all might be kicking you around a bit harder.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Gave up and retaped my front wheel after recent issues with keeping the thing inflated. So far so good.
On my Fitness road bike it came set up tubeless from new which was cool - Was easy to change tyres etc no issues boom tubeless done - Had to have a spoke replaced and now it has been retaped it will not seal tubeless - As in cant get the tyre to seal easily - tried new trye nope - Eventually get it sealed fucker lasts for the ride then goes flat in 2 days - Ended up with a tube in it for now - And now its flat lol

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
On my Fitness road bike it came set up tubeless from new which was cool - Was easy to change tyres etc no issues boom tubeless done - Had to have a spoke replaced and now it has been retaped it will not seal tubeless - As in cant get the tyre to seal easily - tried new trye nope - Eventually get it sealed fucker lasts for the ride then goes flat in 2 days - Ended up with a tube in it for now - And now its flat lol
I am familiar with these struggles...