What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have been productive. After an unsuccessful attempt to strip the what turned out to be tough-as powdercoat from the Nickel.

Has been a bit harder that I expected to find a good stripper. I have dropped it off to place called Redistrip that will give it a vapor blast to get to back to bare metal. They have done a few alloy frame before so hoping for a good result. There was a load of car parts like intake manifolds, gearboxes and alloy wheels that came up good.

New rear tyre and crankset on the 5010. The earlier SLX's will be the hand me downs to the Nickel. Then it rained big time :oops:

20220906_160046.jpg

crash3

Likes Dirt
Was in a real mood after work today, so jumped on the roadie to do a quick lap of a couple adjacent blocks. Could barely see when I got back*, but felt great to finally get the blood pumping.

Alas, forgot to record on Strava, so it didn't happen I guess.

*Clarification - could barely see because it was so dark when I got back

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Must resist. Not even ridden new XT. Hmm.
I've been resisting. But for my wife doing big endurance events where hand/ thumb fatigue and shifting degrading over time with crap and goop, I reckon it'll be great. New XT is pretty good. But still heavy IMO..

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've been resisting. But for my wife doing big endurance events where hand/ thumb fatigue and shifting degrading over time with crap and goop, I reckon it'll be great. New XT is pretty good. But still heavy IMO..
GX AXS is heavy too. Hmm. I think @Litenbror didn’t love AXS and went back to cables.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Good clarification ! I was thinking you had a bull-dust or salt build up happening or some sort of eye issue :p
Haha yeah I was real tired, brain must have been in work mode and thought "oh man you can't leave things open to interpretation like that"