What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Its a long way down. 5m slide and hard to get back up.

That used to be lot worse, it got reworked and made easier as it used to be a ledge that you needed to pop the front wheel up on and then hop the rear.
Its seen a bit action over the years.

#1 son went down there when he was about 10, that step scared the life out of him for a long time after that.
He said he was saved by a tree not too far down, and then his bike stopped right next to him. But he did have to ask the next rider through to help him back up.

If you were riding places like Melrose more often, you might see the benefit of a dropper on the XC bike for those techy features and the descents.
Us Mountainless guys were discussing exactly that over dinner in the pub.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out to anglesea to have that ride I fucked up by forgetting my axs battery a few weeks back. Great day for it. Did a loop of the DH stuff and then across to the cross country side

Great day for it. Wasn't expecting to get my bike so muddy either.

Stopped for icecream at the Great Ocean road icecreamery and got a passionfruit sponge from the fresh water cakes bakery on the ay home. Spoiler alert, it's nothing special. No one is travelling to buy one of these like some publications would have you belive.
As a long time Freshwater Creek fan (over 20 years), I would travel for one

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode my mountain bike, on a mountain bike trail, for the first time in about 4 months yesterday. I may actually be dead now :D

Was not expecting the crowd that was at the youies yesterday, not sure if that's the norm now or whether it was just everyone enjoying the nice weather.
New Cressey's is bloody fast, but the removal of all the little rocks etc makes it less fun IMO.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Us Mountainless guys were discussing exactly that over dinner in the pub.
A 400g Bike Yoke SL or something similar would be good, 80mm drop, just enough to get the saddle out of the full climbing height. Even myself, riding the Dodging Bullets cliff trail and popping up over that rock step, my saddle is only dropped ~30mm.
The AXS dropper would be really handy as it could be swapped back and forth with a regular post easily depending on the race, but I really think if you were to go an SL version, you would probably leave it there full time.

Hope you's lot got packed up before the rain, its farking belting down here in Adelaide. I cant even see the bottom of my driveway due to fog and rain.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A 400g Bike Yoke SL or something similar would be good, 80mm drop, just enough to get the saddle out of the full climbing height. Even myself, riding the Dodging Bullets cliff trail and popping up over that rock step, my saddle is only dropped ~30mm.
The AXS dropper would be really handy as it could be swapped back and forth with a regular post easily depending on the race, but I really think if you were to go an SL version, you would probably leave it there full time.
Or a Vecnum Nivo 122mm at 395g. ;)

Cheap too! (Okay, maybe not...)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Hope you's lot got packed up before the rain, its farking belting down here in Adelaide. I cant even see the bottom of my driveway due to fog and rain.
Caught a bit of drizzle between Booleroo and Jamestown but nothing of any concern. Clouds were so low the generator hubs on the wind turbines were obscured. Missed a massive hail dump at home too.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
About 20 years ago was probably the last time they were any good! More cream than cake now.

The pro’s stop next door for a homemade sausage roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the disappointing thing was the "passionfruit". The icing was grainy, barely any passionfruit favour. The cream to sponge ratio wasn't a problem. The thing is huge and as far as value goes, pretty good value. Just flavour wise it didnt deliver.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
About 20 years ago was probably the last time they were any good! More cream than cake now.

The pro’s stop next door for a homemade sausage roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll admit, there is probably a fair bit of nostalgia attached to it for me.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
im yet to come across any "worlds best" or "award winning" bs tied to a bakery that stands up to the claim though. I had a Zumbo corquembouche for my wedding cake and it was pretty shite. The ones i made in trade school back in the day was several orders of magnitude better.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
im yet to come across any "worlds best" or "award winning" bs tied to a bakery that stands up to the claim though. I had a Zumbo corquembouche for my wedding cake and it was pretty shite. The ones i made in trade school back in the day was several orders of magnitude better.
Go get yourself a Shawarma from here and report back ;-)