What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Was ready to go then it rained pretty hard for a little while. Cleared up fine but bumped the ride till tomorrow.

The Cane Creek lower headset cup that has been sneering at me for some time now had its comeuppance.

Borrowed a good friends DIY headset removal tool and lined it all up. Absolutely belted it solidly a few times with the Chinese junkshop Mjolnir mallet as I channelled my inner Thor.

Behold, tis done. Whoops!, the threaded rod gently made its way through a nearby plastic tub but that is mere collateral damage in the battle of the lower cup. Big wackage sure feels very therapeutic too.

All you stuck headset lower cups out there, be careful. I'm looking for you :)
20220807_162132.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Was ready to go then it rained pretty hard for a little while. Cleared up fine but bumped the ride till tomorrow.

The Cane Creek lower headset cup that has been sneering at me for some time now had its comeuppance.

Borrowed a good friends DIY headset removal tool and lined it all up. Absolutely belted it solidly a few times with the Chinese junkshop Mjolnir mallet as I channelled my inner Thor.

Behold, tis done. Whoops!, the threaded rod gently made its way through a nearby plastic tub but that is mere collateral damage in the battle of the lower cup. Big wackage sure feels very therapeutic too.

All you stuck headset lower cups out there, be careful. I'm looking for you :)
View attachment 391902
Which one of your armada is that @Mr Crudley?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Looks like a Chameleon from the straight run all the way to the BB?
Although may have the shock mounting on the top tube

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is Nickel that I picked up on this fine forum.

Shortly afterwards then all the house and Covid stuff happened. Will mostly be a parts bin build for the lovely Mrs.

Should come up nicely once the hard to love paint is replaced.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Went to fit the bar-end inserts that the legend @Mr Crudley sent me (thanks again mate). Turns out I need new handlebar grips to fit.
Any excuse for new parts I guess :D

Miss 3 saw me test riding the roadie on the driveway and wanted to come along, so chucked the macride on the dually and took a short spin around the neighbourhood. Noticed some drivetrain issues, so the next bike job reveals itself.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Went for another trip up to Harcourt... it's been raining a bit lately here in Melbourne so Lysterfield was out. We were up at Harcourt a few weeks back but only did tracks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6... still half the park yet to do, let's get on it. Got out of the house a bit late but riding by 4, it was fresh but OK, around 12 degrees I think. Rode up track 7, looped around 10 back to 7, out and back around 9 then home on 6.

Man, I'm sooooo unfit... the climb up 7 is decent, 140m of gain in around 2 kays and a couple of stops to hike some of the slightly more techy bits... all ridable if you're not breathing through your eyeballs. Anyway, rode the rest of 7, almost missed the turn onto 10 - it doesn't look like many people are doing 10 which is a shame, it's a fun track with some great views. Around onto 9 and the light is starting to fade, the sun is just touching the horizon... better pull our fingers out. 9 is a great track, a climb, some fun descending, a cool climb with some interesting rock slab then another descent. A touch muddy here, really the only significant sign of dampness on the whole loop and we're back on to 6 for the run down to the car. 6 down is great fun, some interesting but fairly tame rock garden action and a few small jumps which are well placed on this blue track and even achievable for a gumby like me.

Back to the car, load the bikes up and head down to the servo with 40 kays of range apparently. Ooops, servo not open? Hrm it was open a fortnight ago. Looks like it closes at 6! Fuck. Kyneton is 32 kilometers away, gingerly drive along the freeway at about 90 with my arse puckering the whole way and yes 3 servos open in Kyneton. Would have been an unpleasant walk otherwise, it was cold, dark and drizzly.

Really beautiful up on that hill, this is a lookout point on 10. Even more gorgeous on 9 which is that hill on the right of the photo.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for another trip up to Harcourt... it's been raining a bit lately here in Melbourne so Lysterfield was out. We were up at Harcourt a few weeks back but only did tracks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6... still half the park yet to do, let's get on it. Got out of the house a bit late but riding by 4, it was fresh but OK, around 12 degrees I think. Rode up track 7, looped around 10 back to 7, out and back around 9 then home on 6.

Man, I'm sooooo unfit... the climb up 7 is decent, 140m of gain in around 2 kays and a couple of stops to hike some of the slightly more techy bits... all ridable if you're not breathing through your eyeballs. Anyway, rode the rest of 7, almost missed the turn onto 10 - it doesn't look like many people are doing 10 which is a shame, it's a fun track with some great views. Around onto 9 and the light is starting to fade, the sun is just touching the horizon... better pull our fingers out. 9 is a great track, a climb, some fun descending, a cool climb with some interesting rock slab then another descent. A touch muddy here, really the only significant sign of dampness on the whole loop and we're back on to 6 for the run down to the car. 6 down is great fun, some interesting but fairly tame rock garden action and a few small jumps which are well placed on this blue track and even achievable for a gumby like me.

Back to the car, load the bikes up and head down to the servo with 40 kays of range apparently. Ooops, servo not open? Hrm it was open a fortnight ago. Looks like it closes at 6! Fuck. Kyneton is 32 kilometers away, gingerly drive along the freeway at about 90 with my arse puckering the whole way and yes 3 servos open in Kyneton. Would have been an unpleasant walk otherwise, it was cold, dark and drizzly.

View attachment 391911

Really beautiful up on that hill, this is a lookout point on 10. Even more gorgeous on 9 which is that hill on the right of the photo.
If you want to feel unfit, go and ride the track 8 loop haha! Descent is good though.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bought a frame to replace my Nukeproof Scout, more modern geo, better reach and ETT numbers, steel :) and all the parts swapped straight over.

Meant to be a 29er but my fork is 27.5 so got 27.5 x 2.6" on there. There's a little bit of room in the rear but the 2.6" fills it out quite well.

Got a spare set of 29" boost wheels here that came on my Spur, so only need a suitable 29" fork, not that fussed though.

Just did a 20km ride, feels pretty good, no pedal strikes.

The frame could have passed for brand new apart from a small chip on the bottom ISG tab, typically from setting it down.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Bought a frame to replace my Nukeproof Scout, more modern geo, better reach and ETT numbers, steel :) and all the parts swapped straight over.

Meant to be a 29er but my fork is 27.5 so got 27.5 x 2.6" on there. There's a little bit of room in the rear but the 2.6" fills it out quite well.

Got a spare set of 29" boost wheels here that came on my Spur, so only need a suitable 29" fork, not that fussed though.

The frame could have passed for brand new apart from a small chip on the bottom ISG tab, typically from setting it down.

View attachment 391959

View attachment 391960

View attachment 391961
Love it, would look great with a Mezzer on the front ;)

ausdb

Being who he is

View attachment 391959

View attachment 391960

View attachment 391961
Was that the one for sale in WA?

ausdb

Being who he is
Yeah on fakebook, the bloke was from Mandurah.
I was eyeing that one off, if it had dropped another pineapple I was going to grab it and suffer the consequences on the home front. Not sure if I should be thanking you or not for removing that quandary...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

View attachment 391959

View attachment 391960

View attachment 391961
When did @Ultra Lord move to WA?

At least ill be able to spot you at Melrose now :p