What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

smaj

Likes Dirt
Standard ride home tonight.

Which was more bloody exciting than this Commonwealth Games XC course and race.

I'm 100% certain it could be raced on a gravel bike.
Yep, after the WC courses this year, this is ... disappointing. I was going to say "more CX than XC", but I don't even know if it's that.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
When you seen the level of skill/riders in the woman's field, it was probably a good choice of course.
There were older ladies racing and the lady from Rwanda (IIRC) looked like she had very basic skills if even ridden a MTB before at all.

Men's - Scotland, snapped a hanger and not only did they have no spare hanger or derailleur, they didn't even have a spare bike.

Now Scotland is the closest country to the host nation... we're talking a day trip over the border with a bike rack to race or practice, not a plane trip to Mauritius or some other Commonwealth country. Surely someone could have lent him a spare HT to sit in the pits JIC.

Seems like the whole thing was a tin pot operation.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
When you seen the level of skill/riders in the woman's field, it was probably a good choice of course.
There were older ladies racing and the lady from Rwanda (IIRC) looked like she had very basic skills if even ridden a MTB before at all.

Men's - Scotland, snapped a hanger and not only did they have no spare hanger or derailleur, they didn't even have a spare bike.

Now Scotland is the closest country to the host nation... we're talking a day trip over the border with a bike rack to race or practice, not a plane trip to Mauritius or some other Commonwealth country. Surely someone could have lent him a spare HT to sit in the pits JIC.

Seems like the whole thing was a tin pot operation.
We're getting that impression from the whole games.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We're getting that impression from the whole games.
Wash your mouth out Aussie ! You cant say that, Australia are winning against the toughest competition EVER :D

Zoe Cuthbert drove up to the games, she's been living out of her car while travelling around Europe, racing. Australia puts her up in a local hotel while she's racing, she admits to 'stocking' up on all the breakfast sachet condiments from the hotel to feed her when she heads back to Europe.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wash your mouth out Aussie ! You cant say that, Australia are winning against the toughest competition EVER :D

Zoe Cuthbert drove up to the games, she's been living out of her car while travelling around Europe, racing. Australia puts her up in a local hotel while she's racing, she admits to 'stocking' up on all the breakfast sachet condiments from the hotel to feed her when she heads back to Europe.

Privateer life.