What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
More like what did I do on the weekend, I went to the KMBC juniors ride at Lake Leschenaultia with my son and his mate. It was Faahn cold at the start but warmed up as the morning went on.
My young bloke lacks confidence and doesn't listen to me so it was good to see him trying little features he'd normally not want to do with some other grown ups around to tell him what to do and other kids having a go for encouragement.
He got a flat halfway down one of the trails and punctured which ended the fun as I'd loaned my pump to another family who's kid had a slow puncture at the start of the ride and they were way in front of us as I was tail end sweeper. I put my son on my bike with the seat all the way down and sent him off then did the walk of shame the last K back to the carpark with his bike, thank [insert deity of choice] for droppers. It serves me right as I'd been waiting for the old non tubeless ignitor I'd put on his rear to wear out before I changed to tubeless. Later that night I went through some 26 tyres @moorey had donated and put the chunkiest one on that I could find. I'd never tried to seat a tyre on a UST rim and found it was a pain compared to all of the other tubeless rims. I was only using a track pump and the normal get it half way on the bead seat on opposite sides didn't work as it didn't want to jump out of the deeper well in the middle of the rim like normal, but I got it there in the end.
Brrrrr

The ride

The boy having a go

UST hell

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
More like what did I do on the weekend, I went to the KMBC juniors ride at Lake Leschenaultia with my son and his mate. It was Faahn cold at the start but warmed up as the morning went on.
My young bloke lacks confidence and doesn't listen to me so it was good to see him trying little features he'd normally not want to do with some other grown ups around to tell him what to do and other kids having a go for encouragement.
He got a flat halfway down one of the trails and punctured which ended the fun as I'd loaned my pump to another family who's kid had a slow puncture at the start of the ride and they were way in front of us as I was tail end sweeper. I put my son on my bike with the seat all the way down and sent him off then did the walk of shame the last K back to the carpark with his bike, thank [insert deity of choice] for droppers. It serves me right as I'd been waiting for the old non tubeless ignitor I'd put on his rear to wear out before I changed to tubeless. Later that night I went through some 26 tyres @moorey had donated and put the chunkiest one on that I could find. I'd never tried to seat a tyre on a UST rim and found it was a pain compared to all of the other tubeless rims. I was only using a track pump and the normal get it half way on the bead seat on opposite sides didn't work as it didn't want to jump out of the deeper well in the middle of the rim like normal, but I got it there in the end.
Brrrrr
View attachment 390988

The ride
View attachment 390987

The boy having a go
View attachment 390985

UST hell
View attachment 390986
Tried to talk my young fella in going to it the night before. He said he’d rather just go for a ride with me. In the morning he decided he didn’t want to go mtbing and could we just go for a local ride. Then it was no riding at all. I spent the day throwing stuff around in my garage.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Tried to talk my young fella in going to it the night before. He said he’d rather just go for a ride with me. In the morning he decided he didn’t want to go mtbing and could we just go for a local ride. Then it was no riding at all. I spent the day throwing stuff around in my garage.
Seems to be a near universal affliction. I am in the same boat.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Woohoo! Plus you get a workout getting the last 30 PSI in.... Assuming you go for 140-150 psi like I do? What pressure did you fill it to by the way?
Geez, only about 100psi in the Airshot. I just wanted it to inflate and seal the bead. It felt like about 35-40psi or so in the tyre.

I'm keen for this tyre to lose air and go flat so I can do it again. The Psssstttt..... snap....boing.... is very satisfying :D