What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Owing to circumstances beyond my control (work/family/covid), I hadn't hit the dirt for nearly two months despite having a shiny new bicycle.

This ride changed my life.

View attachment 390506
I haven’t been out for a couple of weekends due to shit weather and stuff on and I’m going spare. Really struggling without a regular dose of outdoors

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The partners San Quentin arrived with the bike rack, pretty impressed with the frame/overall weight for the price, was surprised to get centrelock hubs. Just have to clean up the cables, put her lady saddle and her jet black pedals on. Will have to replace the POS dropper Lever, that'll snap in the first crash.

Got some 220mm hope rotors coming for the last for shits n giggles. Might get some tech 4 levers to pair with the v2 calipers.

The oneup grips are shit hot, best grip in long time after using ergons for a fair while.

Attachments

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The partners San Quentin arrived with the bike rack, pretty impressed with the frame/overall weight for the price, was surprised to get centrelock hubs. Just to clean up the cables, put her lady saddle and her jet black pedals on. Will have to replace the POS dropper Lever, that'll snap in the first crash.

Got some 220mm hope rotors coming for the last for shits n giggles. Might get some tech 4 levers to pair with the v2 calipers.

The oneup grips are shit hot, best grip in long time after using ergons for a fair while.
Now that’s some sexy stripper pole action!

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
The partners San Quentin arrived with the bike rack, pretty impressed with the frame/overall weight for the price, was surprised to get centrelock hubs. Just have to clean up the cables, put her lady saddle and her jet black pedals on. Will have to replace the POS dropper Lever, that'll snap in the first crash.
The dropper cable is a bit interesting. I had to take 200mm off the cable on my SQ3.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought I would start on the new build today but knew I had better have a good look at the forks I bought with only "500" kms on them. Well, judging by how clean the oil and foam rings looked, I think it was an over estimation. Still, a lowers service wouldn't hurt.

However, has I expected, the air shaft wasn't a pretty sight.

@Labcanary Does this qualify as a shit tonne? I couldn't get a good picture down the tube to show how much grease was still there. Enough on top of the shaft to work as a volume reducer.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I thought I would start on the new build today but knew I had better have a good look at the forks I bought with only "500" kms on them. Well, judging by how clean the oil and foam rings looked, I think it was an over estimation. Still, a lowers service wouldn't hurt.
View attachment 390521
View attachment 390522
@Labcanary Does this qualify as a shit tonne? I couldn't get a good picture down the tube to show how much grease was still there. Enough on top of the shaft to work as a volume reducer.
Needs more grease.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
View attachment 390521
View attachment 390522
Definitely

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Day off today. I was told I’m disruptive for the school routine so was pretty much forced to hit the trails.

Started at Mundaring Weir Hotel and headed out to Kalamunda from there. Was foggy to begin with and then the sun came out. Trails were absolutely mint after rain yesterday.

24km and 500m vert.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Day off today. I was told I’m disruptive for the school routine so was pretty much forced to hit the trails.

Started at Mundaring Weir Hotel and headed out to Kalamunda from there. Was foggy to begin with and then the sun came out. Trails were absolutely mint after rain yesterday.

24km and 500m vert.

View attachment 390605

View attachment 390606

View attachment 390607

View attachment 390608

View attachment 390609

View attachment 390610

View attachment 390611

View attachment 390612

View attachment 390613

View attachment 390614
Been about a month since I hit Kalamunda, can't wait to get out tomorrow. Will be some good dirt out there!

Is that Alchemy? Came off not long after that frigging wallride, still a bit wary on there!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Been about a month since I hit Kalamunda, can't wait to get out tomorrow. Will be some good dirt out there!

Is that Alchemy? Came off not long after that frigging wallride, still a bit wary on there!
Yeah, that’s the one. I was a bit worried given everything was damp and slippery.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode up a hill to an old gun emplacement. I haven't been here for years! The low quality of graffiti may be linked to the never of empty balloons scattered around.

Then I looked out over the ocean and watched for whales. I was not disappointed.