What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Managed to dodge the rain @Mr Crudley..and Adelaide is in the mid teens today, so was comparatively balmy compared to 4 or 5 days ago when we got hammered there. Pretty windy though.
You sure can tell it is winter here too. I'll bet it is a bit crisper there. The windy isn't a bunch of fun but winter afternoons are a nice time for a ride if you can sneak out - which work has stopped me from doing that today :)

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
While I was going through some bits to send off and organising some stuff, thought I'd take a snap of more than enough bits to start the PYR... This collection probably won't suprise anyone. :p

140mm Diamond D1, 40mm Ragley Stubbing and 800mm, 50mm rise Spank bars.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Rode Stromlo for the first time in ages, on the Spectral. Had a lot of fun and got everything really dirty (always a bonus).

Met a bunch of guys from Sydney in the carpark: one had a Pole, one had a Scott with Livevalve, and the other had a Yeti SB130. It's the first time I've looked at a bunch of bikes and gone "the Yeti might be the cheapest one there" :D

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Put a post in the wrong thread...FW...

Picked up a new one today.
Minor changes made (saddle and pedals), drastic changes to come.

Miniature bike for miniature canary.

I had to hold back from laughing when they offered extended servicing for a fee. When I got home I found the headset loose and the seat collar cranked tight, preventing the dropper from actuating properly. Yeah, nah, thanks - I'll service my own bike!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Been pissing down for a few days so no ride this morning, but managed to put some more air in the tyres, get the Shotgun on and take the young fella out for a ride down the coffee shop after which he wanted me to slog up the hill to ride home. Feels like I’ve had a workout at least!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Gave the commuter a bit of a tart-up, changed it from 8-sp. to 9-sp. A fair while back I was given some spare parts, including a set of 9-sp. Sora shifters, which being a couple of generations later are much better than the old 8-sp, which always had a pretty sloppy action, and were getting pretty tired. Chain & cassette were finally due for replacement, so perfect time to make the switch.

I'd also noticed a while back that the main pivot spring in the rear derailleur has been getting pretty slack, even on max b-screw it's barely clearing the 23T big sprocket, and with the new cassette being 25 it probably wouldn't play nicely, so swapped it out for a spare 6500 Ultegra I had kicking around.

Now I'm off to put a new brake cable in my mum's bike. :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Purchased some ams grips and dabomb stem for the retro build. Purchased fresh pads for the last glen mx whilst I was for decent 220mm rotor to come out. Shouted the partner a Marin San Quentin 2 to restart her riding.

Need some old pedals: 26 prerunners, woodman spikys, dark cycle Arachnids or something.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Waxed the chains finally, shortened the gear and lock out cables, sorted the computer and light mounts, pulled the rear shock apart to put in the middle sized volume spacer and gave it a bath before it's race debut tomorrow. I wanted to shorten the brake lines too, but the barb and olives are still a couple days away.

Probably should have taken a photo of the shaft, so you'll have to wait till next time, but basically the Kashima you can see from the outside is just a guide, and the moving piece is effectively a double ended fork outer leg. The damper lives inside the shaft, driven by the bolt that goes in the hole in the middle of the carrier. The shock stroke length is no more than 30mm. There's also oil soaked foam blocks to help control sideways movement. Somewhat typically from both suspension manufacturers, neither the shaft seals nor foam blocks had any lubrication.

Three months down the trails and Evie is due for her quarterly rear shock service. So, as promised here's some photos of the innards.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for a ride for the first time in a week. Beautiful morning, but fresh. Being a local, I knew to stay below the snow. Still at the highest point above the North South track:

Very chilly.
Then down the Kangaroo fire trail to N/S junction and down to the bottom. Rode through the baby jumps, got very wet and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Bike looking clean before descending.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Got out for a ride for the first time in a week. Beautiful morning, but fresh. Being a local, I knew to stay below the snow. Still at the highest point above the North South track:
View attachment 390348
Very chilly.
Then down the Kangaroo fire trail to N/S junction and down to the bottom. Rode through the baby jumps, got very wet and thoroughly enjoyed it!
View attachment 390349
Bike looking clean before descending.
In my defence, I went looking for the snow deliberately…

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tool the rook to Hornsby for some dirt lumping and a cruise over the big bridge in order to eat some Brazilian bbq...it's been a pretty good day.

Why does the rich and indulgent dish I've been waiting for since the beginning of dinner come at the end...when I am already considering defeat??? This is going to be a struggle.