What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
finished servicing a hub. went for a ride. the feint noise ive been trying to diagnose for about 8 months is gone. Ive litetrally pulled the bike apart at least 4 times looking for the source. Wasn't linkages, seat, carbon cracks, bb or any of that shit. Seems it was a hub bearing. Feels good to have finaly found the source. bike is silent now like it was on day 1

moorey

call me Mia
Youies All Mountain Race practice day. Shuttled, but looooots of pedalling, mostly with rude uphill end sections. Almost 50km of descending but still did 600m climbing.
2 timed runs of each of the 3 tracks tomorrow, with the hammer down, is gunna be brutal. Some dudes are riding DH bikes. Lol.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Youies All Mountain Race practice day. Shuttled, but looooots of pedalling, mostly with rude uphill end sections. Almost 50km of descending but still did 600m climbing.
2 timed runs of each of the 3 tracks tomorrow, with the hammer down, is gunna be brutal. Some dudes are riding DH bikes. Lol.
Being ignorant, would putting a wide range cassette on a DH bike help, or is the the +200 travel really that much of a power sink?

moorey

call me Mia
Being ignorant, would putting a wide range cassette on a DH bike help, or is the the +200 travel really that much of a power sink?
Not at all. Not DH tracks. I’d have faster totals on a full XC Hardtail. Might lose 10 sec in the couple of small rock sections, but make up 10x that on the pedals and climbs.
Travs track includes the burm climbs and back almost to the road. Rockwell continues all the way through the berm climbs and to where road between the dams near Carpark. 2-3 additional minutes of flat and uphill on a big bike is lunacy.