What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is the barista curse to get caffeine to the masses nice n' early. I understand your pain sir.

At least you are all set for afternoon rides, which are great in winter and sure outdo crack of dawners in that season.
Early is rare for me currently, but when it happens...sigh.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just have a coffee. You know it works for a morning kickstart and you can make your one better than anyone else's.
When I am in there, that is always the goal. That first cup, my cup, dictates how the day will proceed...so you need to get it just right.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out for the first time in 5 weeks
Drinking solidly for 3 of those 5 weeks is not conducive to being in shape, unless that shape is ‘spherical’
Anyway, went to Kalamunda for a lap and had to cut it short and head back to the car as the wife was worried about the young fella after he took a tumble and rolled his ankle yesterday. Probably a good thing as I would have struggled to head up to the top of Gunjin anyway…
Still, 11km is 11km more than I’ve done recently and it’ll come back soon enough

Rorschach

100% This is also the best approach to riding for me.

Hope the young fella's on the mend.
I’m just happy to get out most of the time. Had a conversation with my FIL and we both think it’s relaxing to get out, I certainly find it more so than road riding

Little fella is ok, just a sprain according to the quack

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I’m just happy to get out most of the time. Had a conversation with my FIL and we both think it’s relaxing to get out, I certainly find it more so than road riding

Little fella is ok, just a sprain according to the quack
Can happily confirm road riding is about 1% as good as mtb. Still better than no riding, but there’s a gulf between being on the road and on the trails.

I managed to get out Thursday night again but one of the crew knocked himself out (briefly) and I walked him out and waited for help to arrive. Think I managed about 15km or so. Pace on the climbs was a bit high for my liking.

Got red mist on the last Gunjin run and managed to pass a few on the way down.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
A few springy things arrived to go with my new green cable ties.

View attachment 388904View attachment 388905

Anyone here used the Sprindex before? Does it work as advertised??

Hopefully it does, it'd be nice to have an adjustable spring rate.
Sprindex does what it claims to do. Great tool for tuning and dialing a coil in. It feels like it ramps up a little on end stroke which can be good depending on your leverage curve.

Rorschach

Can happily confirm road riding is about 1% as good as mtb. Still better than no riding, but there’s a gulf between being on the road and on the trails.
I really don’t mind riding on the road but I have to be in the mood for it, and tbh I haven’t been for the last year or so. My road bike has been out a few times during the week for a spin at lunch but that’s about it. Much prefer being on the trails at the minute.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Belated one for me.
Did the long drive down into Gippsland for the Mount Taylor round of the Fox Superflow series.
Awesome trails down there!
Could only make the one day of two and after all that rain the trails were a little slick in places haha.
Managed another pretty decent race coming away with 4th on day one, but then got bumped back to 6th overall after today's racing was completed.

This is a little video of my wheels taking a battering on one of the stages haha
http://instagr.am/p/CdA-NCUJl-G/

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Put the new Buzz Bar CNC cranks on the e-commuter, and tightened everything up so it is now super smooth.

Mrs mudguard that broke in half needed to either be repaired or replaced, I luckily had a donor guard and have done some of my finest work repairing it so it will never break again.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
What frame is that @Asininedrivel?
It's a 2010 Gary Fisher Superfly SS. Last year they had Gary Fisher as a standalone brand before it got borged into Trek. I'm not sure how different it was from the standard Superfly (beyond sliding drop outs and not having derailleur cable guides) but in 2011 the Superfly got a pretty major overhaul (tapered headtube etc.) and I think the SS frame was dropped for a bit.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't get out during the last week due to the weather but tried to make up for it on Saturday and Sunday. Out for a heart pounding, breath inhibiting ride chasing Yvonne up fire roads on Mt Wellington and Chimney Pot Hill on Saturday.
Sunday, as Yvonne was packing and organizing for her walking trip to Central Australia(weird concept, walking), I went out on my own for a more sedate ride on some of the same roads and others. Lots of people around. A couple of large groups coming off or heading for the trails. Even a few roadies on Huon Road and Strickland Avenue.
There is a section on the Main Fire Road between Golden Gully and the Newtown Connector I very rarely see people on. That's where I took this photo.
I had stopped because I had dabbed on this steep muddy bit covered in leaf litter. (note the grippy tires). I had read the comments by @Mr Crudley and @beeb abut the pleasure of just riding earlier that morning and felt this spot on this ride gave me similar feeling.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Not much riding for me over the weekend but the Missus and youngest did the Mother and Daughter event at the Womens 3hr in Bendigo - they took it pretty easy but rather than taking turns they rode together (the event is pretty cruisie so you can somewhat do what you want) and managed to do a few laps. Missus went OTB which was reported as being somewhat spectacular - if for nothing else than being on a somewhat flat section (she doesn't ride much) and snapped the break lever. Luckily I was pit crewing at that point between dropping kids off at footy etc and managed to bodge a fix with zip ties. Is there nothing they can't do?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's a 2010 Gary Fisher Superfly SS. Last year they had Gary Fisher as a standalone brand before it got borged into Trek. I'm not sure how different it was from the standard Superfly (beyond sliding drop outs and not having derailleur cable guides) but in 2011 the Superfly got a pretty major overhaul (tapered headtube etc.) and I think the SS frame was dropped for a bit.
Looks tidy AF. I'm wanting something similarly light and with sliding dropouts. I imagine this is on your "Never sell" list, but if you ever change your mind...

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Looks tidy AF. I'm wanting something similarly light and with sliding dropouts. I imagine this is on your "Never sell" list, but if you ever change your mind...
Look for a 2017-19 XTC. XLs seem to come up every now and then.

I had a Superfly SS in 2015/16 when I was in London, that was a really fun bike and I’d have one again in a heartbeat. Not sure the SS ever made it to Aus but I think the geared ones had the same “stranglehold” sliding dropouts.