What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If not the lights, maybe a remote switch to activate the camera then? You could capture those last few second before the pain.

How the bike hold up?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
On my 1 day off this week I managed to give the Katipo a test at full 27.5. I blame @tkdbboy...

Temporary wheels on, fitted the Zeb and gave the front brakes some love.

Not as low as I thought it'd be (BB dropped about 14mm from the full 29). Still going to throw on the 165mm Pinion CNC cranks to get a fraction more clearance.

Still have a few things to do. Fit the funky decals on the Zeb, for the cranks, bump up the rear tyre size from the backwards 2.3 to a 2.5 and throw a fresh front tyre on.

I did enjoy having the smaller wheels on again.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
On my 1 day off this week I managed to give the Katipo a test at full 27.5. I blame @tkdbboy...

Temporary wheels on, fitted the Zeb and gave the front brakes some love.

Not as low as I thought it'd be (BB dropped about 14mm from the full 29). Still going to throw on the 165mm Pinion CNC cranks to get a fraction more clearance.

Still have a few things to do. Fit the funky decals on the Zeb, for the cranks, bump up the rear tyre size from the backwards 2.3 to a 2.5 and throw a fresh front tyre on.

I did enjoy having the smaller wheels on again.

View attachment 388777View attachment 388778View attachment 388779
Those grey lowers look really good with that frame @wkkie.

Curious, were you running the bike mulleted before, and have now jumped to full 27.5 - or just went full 29 to 27.5?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Those grey lowers look really good with that frame @wkkie.

Curious, were you running the bike mulleted before, and have now jumped to full 27.5 - or just went full 29 to 27.5?
I went full 27.5 from full 29.

There's a big bump up in travel (27.5, 190mm Zeb) to keep the front end height about the same as the 160mm 29 that was on there.

Yesterday I used, at most about 170mm of the 190.

Lucaw

Next in line
Went for a bit of an explore on the roadie.

This too will require a gear ratio change to deal with life here… And changing the 140mm rear rotor for a 160.
I’ve had issues with 160 rotors over heating (think my rear on my commuter may have melted one of my seal)
In terms of gear ratio, I run a 36-36 as my easiest gear, and I can climb most hills with that, but you might want an easier gear

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’ve had issues with 160 rotors over heating (think my rear on my commuter may have melted one of my seal)
In terms of gear ratio, I run a 36-36 as my easiest gear, and I can climb most hills with that, but you might want an easier gear
Running a compact (34) crankset and an 11-28 cassette at present. Need to see how big a cassette an 11 speed 105 mech will cope with…

Yeah, it’s all about managing heat in the brake in Hobart! The 140 I’ve certainly cooked the last time I descended Mt Wellington… They go a lovely purple colour :) I tend to drag the rear so it will fade first and I can still stop on the front if I get them that hot!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Have to admit that the new normal does suck quite a bit. I am one if the lucky ones though and have places to ride in all weather.

The trails takes some time to dry and rain is always around the corner lately. I don't get entitled and ride on wet dirt. More rain due tomorrow. Yay...errr.....

It isn't that bad but damn, I was hanging out to get more dirt now that the house is done.

Could be worse though.
20220429_130054.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Have to admit that the new normal does suck quite a bit. I am one if the lucky ones though and have places to ride in all weather.

The trails takes some time to dry and rain is always around the corner lately. I don't get entitled and ride on wet dirt. More rain due tomorrow. Yay...errr.....

It isn't that bad but damn, I was hanging out to get more dirt now that the house is done.

Could be worse though.
Hopefully good karma will be bestowed upon you by the trail gods for your good deeds of not munting the trails for everyone else.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Could be worse though.View attachment 388853
Don't distress.

I'm in Sydney from Tuesday next week for 8 days. Guaranteed to bring the lack of rain here with me!