What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
Made up for the missed Thursday night ride with a spin into the City tonight on the Inbred.

Cruisey 43.3km and a cracking evening for it; nice way to finish a shitty week.
@ashes_mtb Great pics, I love Perth and the river at night, do you mind if I play guess where they are taken?
1 Leach Hwy near Rossmoyne HIgh
2 South Perth Forshore
3 South of the causeway towards the WACA or Gloucester Park.
4 Burswood Parke towards the birds nest and Swan bridge
5 Elizabeth Quay
6 Mt Henry Bridge

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
@ashes_mtb Great pics, I love Perth and the river at night, do you mind if I play guess where they are taken?
1 Leach Hwy near Rossmoyne HIgh
2 South Perth Forshore
3 South of the causeway towards the WACA or Gloucester Park.
4 Burswood Parke towards the birds nest and Swan bridge
5 Elizabeth Quay
6 Mt Henry Bridge
6/6. I’ll make them harder next time.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some more urban fun on the Paradox. Got the drivetrain running quieter.
May have to look at getting a 50mm stem, feels a tad to short

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Thought I’d bookend the weekend with a dawn ride today, this time on the cheap roadie. Left at 4.50 and did 61.5km.

Headed to Perth again, but this time headed across to East Perth from Optus Stadium, checked out the PSP through the CBD and then headed out along the railway PSP through Claremont to the coast and home via Fremantle. Heading east from Freo wasn’t pleasant with a stiff breeze.

Climbing is quite fun on a roadie, surprised how easy it is. Hope the serious roadies enjoyed being passed by someone wearing bagging mtb jersey and shorts, mtb lid, motocross gloves, camelback and flat pedals on a shitty $150 piece of crap.

The piece of crap let me down in the end though, with a bunch of spokes snapping on the final climb.

Really undecided about whether to replace the wheel or not. Aside from fun climbing, the rest of the ride would have been just as enjoyable on a mtb and I think I’m more interested in exploring than sitting in a group turning the legs over. Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for a set of 29er QR wheels and use the roadie tyres on the Inbred when I want to cover some distance.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Big weekend with/for/on my bike. Drove up the Mt Buller on Friday and rode some of the cross country trails out the back. They’ve done a lot of work to trails like Gang Gangs and Misty Twisty. Not sure how I feel about it. They used to be nice, hand cut natural trails and now they are machine cut flow trails with lots of rollers and berms. They are fun but I kinda miss the more natural trails…

Ran shuttles all day Saturday and had a ball. The Sentinel is perfect for doing laps of Abom and International. Trail crew has done quite a bit of work on Deletite too and it’s mint. Love that trail. So fast in the middle section with lots of jumps now.

Had a bit of time on my hands today so finally installed the Cascade link from @beeb. Would have been good to get it in before buller but that’s ok. I’ll take it out to Eatons soon and get rowdy to test it out.

Also threw a Goodyear Newton ST on the front and some new one up grips. Will see how they go. Also installed a 9-46 cassette from @moorey to test it out. I am already feeling like it might be asking a bit too much of my derailleur but I’ll take it for a spin when i get a chance and see how it goes.

Attachments

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Want me to post you a hanger extender, @yuley95 ?
Maybe… All I’ve done is fit the cassette with the bike on the stand and tune the gears But it sounds rough. Part of the issue is the chain line. I need to catch up with the good Dr Beebenson and swap cranks but in the meantime, the extender could be handy to see if it fixes some of the issue.

I’ll pm

ausdb

Being who he is
Climbing is quite fun on a roadie, surprised how easy it is. Hope the serious roadies enjoyed being passed by someone wearing bagging mtb jersey and shorts, mtb lid, motocross gloves, camelback and flat pedals on a shitty $150 piece of crap.

The piece of crap let me down in the end though, with a bunch of spokes snapping on the final climb.

View attachment 386426

Really undecided about whether to replace the wheel or not. Aside from fun climbing, the rest of the ride would have been just as enjoyable on a mtb and I think I’m more interested in exploring than sitting in a group turning the legs over. Maybe I’ll keep an eye out for a set of 29er QR wheels and use the roadie tyres on the Inbred when I want to cover some distance.
Most of those pics are too easy in the day!
I may be able to help with 29r QR wheels / rims , nothing flash but I'm sure I've got a working rear and a spare rim for the front will see if I have a disc front hub.

slowmick

38-39"
Rode today with mates at Lysterfield. They took pity on my current state of fitness and it took 2h 52m to ride for 1h 39m on a loop that can be done is under an hour with some fitness. Good to be out. Finished the day with a 4.2 km ride around the local parks/playgrounds with my 5 yo daughter.