What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Stromlo loop with boy band, was having a cruisy roll following on Skyline, passed a kid and a dad and slowed down a little, went to pedal and got that awful feeling in the gut when you realise the chain is completely off, just before the pain of your foot folding under as the pedal smashes into your calf. It's a bit ouchy right now. Still a fun ride and good to see crew I haven't seen in ages.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Turns out the chain guide had a slight bend, possibly from when it jammed at Thredbo last week. It caught the chain today, ripping the soft bit off the inside and dropping the chain. Lucky the soft bit was still hanging by a thread so I pocketed it and have glued it back on and returned the guide from 36 to 34 position.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Ah missed you guys, I was up there too. Kid in a red shirt? He asked me a load of questions about my bike at Willonmemorial.

ausdb

Being who he is
Rode it finally!
We're staying near Busselton so I convinced the family to pop down to Margaret River so Mr 10 and I could ride his favourite trails at Compartment 10 (now called Wooditjup)
I shouldn't have bothered...
Mr10 wasn't in the best mood, it was hot and I'd found a broken spoke in his back wheel last night and taken it out so he thought his wheel would collapse under him. We only did two runs and called it a day then rode down into Margaret River and caught up with my wife and daughter who weren't in the best moods about being there either.
On the plus side, Blackie and I survived my first ever ride off road on flats with pins. The Etnies Culverts I got for my birthday last year seemed to fit ok and were surprisingly grippy (had to lift my feet to reposition them). There's a few creaks I need to sort out and also need to read up on why it's dropping the chain if I backpedal in the lowest couple of gears.

In penance for my transgressions I had to spend the rest of the day at the beach and in the pool with the kids.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the Highball out for a local spin. I chucked a dropper on it a while back, but I think today was the first time I’ve actually gotten around to riding it since. Felt a lot less lethal when I tackled the one bit of mud and rocks I had to pass through on my journey. Dare I say, it was actually quite fun!

Some bits of the creek even look nice!

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Took the Highball out for a local spin. I chucked a dropper on it a while back, but I think today was the first time I’ve actually gotten around to riding it since. Felt a lot less lethal when I tackled the one bit of mud and rocks I had to pass through on my journey. Dare I say, it was actually quite fun!
View attachment 385566

Some bits of the creek path even look nice!
View attachment 385565
Looks like the mud got all the way around the tyres, best clean that off lest you be mistaken for @Haakon.