What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
A guy on our Saturday social ride almost cost me 18 months training and $5000+ in trip expenses, 2 weeks out of the TransTas today. I’m rolling down the Mt Buninyong bitumen road, beside a mate at about 50km. Dude, on an ebike, barrels through between us at about 70km. Hits the other guy, bounces off, hits me in the wrist with his bars, I almost go into the trees at high speed (or face first onto bitumen)
I tore him a new one, abused the fuck outta him for being an utter fuckwit. He said one pretend sorry, so I ripped in again, saying to stick it up his arse, the fuckwit c$&t.
For context, he’s done this a few times over the years, between bouts of sexist, racist and homophobic comments about people we pass on a ride. I haven’t punched in anger since Y8…I came close today.
Go with your instinct, violence is always the answer.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Finally put a new chain on the roadie, it had been getting a little noisy. Holding the old one up next to the new one was an “ooops…” moment - super stretched!

Hope the cassette is ok…

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No. No more new bikes for you. You have to leave stock for us plebs trying to save money in between raising kids. ;)
I’ll be selling a Sentinel frameset at very reasonable pricing if you’re interested. ;)