What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
smash it into the arse of the valve with a rock to give something to leverage off and managed to get the nut off

Hmmmm...that sounds like a complicated way to bust a nut.

I had a ride like that recently. It's so frustrating being the guy that has it all fall apart! You'll be in the garage doubling down on the preride tune.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Introducing a glorious trunnion mount from a 1999/2000 Cannonade Jackyll with adjustable bb height and HA.

Yep. “It’s a brand new design we just perfected” spew the marketing wankers talking about the (re)launch of trunnion shocks in 2018

This example is sure going to need some love. Can I make a ccdba inline into trunnion. Things that make you go hmmm

Like the list of projects on the boil, things that make you go hmmm. Actually I’ve put a toe into the Cannondale world to get up to speed with lefty’s, starting at the beginning. Was mighty impressed with the 2018 era Scalpel I rode. As much of an xc weapon as an epic.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Interesting. So that trunion location has the forces trying to tear the air can off the shock. It's probably a better location for the trunion than the shock end. More pics when you get it apart.

ausdb

Being who he is
Interesting. So that trunion location has the forces trying to tear the air can off the shock. It's probably a better location for the trunion than the shock end. More pics when you get it apart.
It can't be that bad a place, the speeds are different but pretty much every telescopic hydraulic ram for a tip truck uses a trunion mounting like that.

moorey

call me Mia
A guy on our Saturday social ride almost cost me 18 months training and $5000+ in trip expenses, 2 weeks out of the TransTas today. I’m rolling down the Mt Buninyong bitumen road, beside a mate at about 50km. Dude, on an ebike, barrels through between us at about 70km. Hits the other guy, bounces off, hits me in the wrist with his bars, I almost go into the trees at high speed (or face first onto bitumen)
I tore him a new one, abused the fuck outta him for being an utter fuckwit. He said one pretend sorry, so I ripped in again, saying to stick it up his arse, the fuckwit c$&t.
For context, he’s done this a few times over the years, between bouts of sexist, racist and homophobic comments about people we pass on a ride. I haven’t punched in anger since Y8…I came close today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A guy on our Saturday social ride almost cost me 18 months training and $5000+ in trip expenses, 2 weeks out of the TransTas today. I’m rolling down the Mt Buninyong bitumen road, beside a mate at about 50km. Dude, on an ebike, barrels through between us at about 70km. Hits the other guy, bounces off, hits me in the wrist with his bars, I almost go into the trees at high speed (or face first onto bitumen)
I tore him a new one, abused the fuck outta him for being an utter fuckwit. He said one pretend sorry, so I ripped in again, saying to stick it up his arse, the fuckwit c$&t.
For context, he’s done this a few times over the years, between bouts of sexist, racist and homophobic comments about people we pass on a ride. I haven’t punched in anger since Y8…I came close today.
Yeah but this guy is clearly an awesome rider...

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah but this guy is clearly an awesome rider...
He’s sub mid pack, late 40’s, overweight…yet ‘somehow’ has a couple of KOMs on local segments, 10 second faster than local elite and EWS riders. And people wonder why I tend to scoff at Strava…

moorey

call me Mia
He’s not an E rider…borrowed one today. Used something, I don’t know or care what, but I find it hilarious.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He’s sub mid pack, late 40’s, overweight…yet ‘somehow’ has a couple of KOMs on local segments, 10 second faster than local elite and EWS riders. And people wonder why I tend to scoff at Strava…
The stats don't lie?

Lucky for you slow pokes that he hasn't chipped or modified that e-Bike.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a real cock!! Nice one keeping it under control although it would seem he needs an attitude correction.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So your new strava handle is "the angry vegan"? :D

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's pretty easy to pick most cheats on strava, although it's not always accurate due to the GPS device flaws, but when you do a segment comparison you can check speeds and see their line choice, usually bush bashing and straight lining through the corners.

Strava is really only good for tracking self-improvement.

moorey

call me Mia
It's pretty easy to pick most cheats on strava, although it's not always accurate due to the GPS device flaws, but when you do a segment comparison you can check speeds and see their line choice, usually bush bashing and straight lining through the corners.

Strava is really only good for tracking self-improvement.
I’d have no idea how to check that and no fucks to give it. It’s got a fire road that runs beside 1/2 the segment with twisty single track before if joins back into berms and jumps. I think that clicks in as segment if you’re cheeky…but I know guys a ton faster than him up and down who’ve also tried the cheat line, and are well back. It’s not even believable fudging :p
As you say, it’s useful for comparing your own times, and that’s all I’m trying it for.