What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Today was exciting. Christmas came early, found this waiting when I got home.

So I built my bike today. Super impressed with Canyon so far. Inside was the box you see below, inside was a shock pump, a torque wrench (albeit a cheap one but still....), a set of torx and allen key heads for said torque wrench, the volume spacers, some stickers, and a water proof gear bag.

into the stand it went.

Due to Australia's nanny state rules there was a super sweet bell on it and a crappy brake on front but the good thing was the crappy brake came with a good rotor the same as the rear so I've got as a spare.

Damn nice!!!

link1896

Mr Greenfield

So I built my bike today. Super impressed with Canyon so far. Inside was the box you see below, inside was a shock pump, a torque wrench (albeit a cheap one but still....), a set of torx and allen key heads for said torque wrench, the volume spacers, some stickers, and a water proof gear bag.

into the stand it went.

Due to Australia's nanny state rules there was a super sweet bell on it and a crappy brake on front but the good thing was the crappy brake came with a good rotor the same as the rear so I've got as a spare.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats, and that colour is awesome! Which model is it?

BTW all those photos with no front brake are freaking me out :D
Stitched 720. I'm old. I like dirt jumping but hard tails just aren't for me anymore so I got the full sus number. You get used to having no front brake but it is weird sometimes.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the “big bike” for a spin.

Took me a couple of runs to readjust to the extra squish, and climbs were a bit more strenuous - but it was fun once I got back in the groove. Main thing I noticed - that coil traction. So good.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@EsPeGe that colour is amazing,
Yeah it's really nice. I'm in the process of designing up some rim decals that I will get Invisiframe to print with matchy matchy colours. Also got some anodised purple onyx hubs on the way for the sounds of silence. I wanted to buy it frame only but Canyon aren't doing that at the mo as they make more selling complete bikes.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

into the stand it went.

So jealous.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another great morning for a ride before logging on. A bit later, 7:15 start. Rode a familiar route but have been extending it to ride a trail I haven't done much called Tip Top. I enjoy it as it as a number of drops and jumps. But also has a couple of features which I have been going back to session as I have found them a bit intimidating. Still struggling with the off camber armored turn between 2 trees. The other is a very bumpy, steep roll of about 4 meters over baby head size, very sharp rocks. Did that a few times today and am nearly there.
I know it is mostly down to technique however on this trail, and a couple of others, my rear suspension is showing it's limitations. I have been really happy with the bike but as I ride more complex, and steeper features, the 115 mil rear end tends to get hung up a bit more.
I have also started to look to going to a 27.5" wheel bike to more fit my size at 173 cm.
Anyway, always good to get out.