What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Video evidence? That clip's as spurious as one of those UFO "videos". Could've been a fireroad shown in fast forward! :p

PS: When are you coming back across to this side of town again?
Think I need to in the new year. Have two weeks off from the 17th so will try and get across for a twilight spin.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Moved the BB spacer last night (there was only one to move!) - a bit disappointing that my bb cup wrench mangled the cups a bit. That's what I get for using the cheap spanner type from my Aldi bike tool set I guess.

Clearance from the chainring to the closest point of the rear triangle reduced from just over 6mm to just under 4mm.

Much less creaking on this morning's ride, still some in 2nd and 3rd gear really cranking up hill. Gets worse as I got further into the ride.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Moved the BB spacer last night (there was only one to move!) - a bit disappointing that my bb cup wrench mangled the cups a bit. That's what I get for using the cheap spanner type from my Aldi bike tool set I guess.

Clearance from the chainring to the closest point of the rear triangle reduced from just over 6mm to just under 4mm.

Much less creaking on this morning's ride, still some in 2nd and 3rd gear really cranking up hill. Gets worse as I got further into the ride. View attachment 383963
Could indicate something is going on with the linkage bearings.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Much less creaking on this morning's ride, still some in 2nd and 3rd gear really cranking up hill. Gets worse as I got further into the ride.
I thought it was a chain grinding noise? If it's creaking it could be the cassette or chainring attachment to the crank arms, or the BB.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Much less creaking on this morning's ride, still some in 2nd and 3rd gear really cranking up hill. Gets worse as I got further into the ride. View attachment 383963
Just be careful of frame flex with such a small gap.

MarioM

Likes Dirt

How is Coondoo now with the rebuild ? Now that lockdown is ended I can start coming back down . Can`t decide whether to surf this arvo or head down there for a ride .

crash3

Likes Dirt
How is Coondoo now with the rebuild ? Now that lockdown is ended I can start coming back down . Can`t decide whether to surf this arvo or head down there for a ride .
l hadn't ridden it before last week sorry mate. This arvo is probably a great time to head out there - I cleared a shedload of spiderwebs from the track this morning.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today was exciting. Christmas came early, found this waiting when I got home.

So I built my bike today. Super impressed with Canyon so far. Inside was the box you see below, inside was a shock pump, a torque wrench (albeit a cheap one but still....), a set of torx and allen key heads for said torque wrench, the volume spacers, some stickers, and a water proof gear bag.

into the stand it went.

Due to Australia's nanny state rules there was a super sweet bell on it and a crappy brake on front but the good thing was the crappy brake came with a good rotor the same as the rear so I've got as a spare.