What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It was a sad day when I finally admitted my kiddo was just too big and heavy for our Macride. So many good times, so much fun riding around with your kid.
You could have gone to the gym and gotten sronger...

I overcame last night's star nut fiasco by installing the star nut to a functional depth. Stem, bars, derailleur, shifter, cables, brakes, and colourful zip ties also installed. No they aren't long, they are how I need them.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
It was a sad day when I finally admitted my kiddo was just too big and heavy for our Macride. So many good times, so much fun riding around with your kid.
I hope he enjoys it, particularly as it gives me an excuse to get out and spend more time with him!

Most of my riding is with the mini co-pilot on a weeride seat. I'm hoping to move him onto a Dolittle seat within the next 6 months.

Enjoy those rides @Rorschach!
I'm hoping to spend more time riding with him outside. If he takes to it, I might buy something dedicated to bunting round with him rather then using my trail bike on the road, particularly as number 2 is 6 months old and he'll be big enough for it when number 1 outgrows it!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I'm hoping to spend more time riding with him outside. If he takes to it, I might buy something dedicated to bunting round with him rather then using my trail bike on the road, particularly as number 2 is 6 months old and he'll be big enough for it when number 1 outgrows it!
That's what I've done too. I scored a cute little Orange Gringo hardtail a while back that is only used for kid hauling duties. Then if I get a chance to escape on my own, I can just grab my MTB and go, rather than having to remove and replace the baby seat all the time.

Sometimes he falls asleep on the bike:

(please excuse the filthy bike, I've cleaned it since then)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That's what I've done too. I scored a cute little Orange Gringo hardtail a while back that is only used for kid hauling duties. Then if I get a chance to escape on my own, I can just grab my MTB and go, rather than having to remove and replace the baby seat all the time.

View attachment 381637
Haha, that's pretty cute.

Rorschach

View attachment 381637
I've been looking at bikes to ride around with him on, but reckon I'll end up with something similar to this to bunt about on

moorey

call me Mia

View attachment 381637
Is that PoolNoodles child?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've been looking at bikes to ride around with him on, but reckon I'll end up with something similar to this to bunt about on
Mine is super heavy with all the shit I've got on there (not the kid, he's ok). I over pack with snacks and spare tube/tools because I don't want to get caught out having to walk home with a cranky kid! I figure the weight penalty just makes me fitter, that's how it works isn't it?

Rorschach

Mine is super heavy with all the shit I've got on there (not the kid, he's ok). I over pack with snacks and spare tube/tools because I don't want to get caught out having to walk home with a cranky kid! I figure the weight penalty just makes me fitter, that's how it works isn't it?
I guess I'll work-up to having a packhorse then!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I thought today was going to be install new BB to my bike day, but it turned out not so. Instead I upgraded the Vice Captain to SLX hydro brakes, which involved also fitting stand alone shifters, and a longer stem, because the little shit has finally grown. Fingers crossed I can stretch the bike for another 6 to 12 months because the Little Sender hasn't even taken ownership of his new bike yet.

As for mine, instead of the new Wheels MFG BB going in I decided to fit the new Di2 shifter. Wasn't that just a headfuck from the start. I was supposed to be able to reprogram the hardware from the phone app. Wouldn't connect. Tried the tablet, nope. Dragged Mrs George's laptop out to the shed and downloaded the e tube software to it. Plug in the connection box and the computer said no. This version is for professionals only, you need a different connection. FFS. Google a bit more, hunt down the older version of e tube, and finally make the connection. Hidden deep in one of the menus is a setting to give the wireless connection a secure code. Coz you know, some random fucker is going to be driving past, have the app open on their phone, connect to my Di2 and make the shift buttons change operations. WTF.

Software sorted, I started to mount the shifter. Turns out M8100 levers don't sit nice with the M8050 shifters, the control box is in the wrong place. No matter what combination I tried they either wouldn't clamp on, would cause the shift levers to bind, or were too far away from the grips. Fuck, now what. Lucky I decided the Vice Captain could make do with SLX, because I'd be taking my M8000 levers back, thank you very much. The clamps are the only difference and therefore the Di2 box sits in behind the master cylinder instead of beside it. Silver lining, my brakes have been flushed, and my TOGS are back on.

TL;DR 1 brake upgrade, 4 brakes bled, shifter replaced, mini bar ends attached.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Calm before the storm.

Nice 8.4km (+train) cruise to work this morning. Been a shithouse week with no time for riding so this arvo will be my first ever full ride home (52km).

Winds don’t look favourable so expect to be in a world of hurt tonight.

View attachment 381635
52km on the cycleway network of Perth? Gonna be real windy at best! Good luck.

Is that PoolNoodles child?

I am not that powerful. Interstate impregnation requires some serious energy focus.