What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couldn't get the indexing on the new drive-train for the Django quite right so admitted defeat and handed it over to the experts at Waverley Cycles. Figured they might as well give the fork a proper service as well as the bike.
Got it back yesterday and so it took it out for a brief spin in the rain before work this morning. Due to lock-downs and riding other bikes I realized I haven't really been on it in about 10 months and it felt very weird, especially compared to the road bike that I've mainly been riding.
Was very nice to be on an mtb, even if it was just 8kms of bike trails and the Shimano 12 is working a treat. Maybe one day I'll be able to rid eit on single-track again....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Stretched my radius just a bit and rode to the Yarra trails to ride some single track. Rain just got heavier on the way and the single track was deadly muddy and slippery. Much disappoint. So canned it and kept riding. Thought I may as well make a day of of it and go for 100. A first for me. Just need another 25km tomorrow to get to 300 for the week.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That actually looks like a sick adventure day haha.
Jealous!
Yeah it was great. Stretched the 15km bubble a tiny bit but made it feel like lockdown wasn’t a thing for the morning which was a treat.

@Jpez great loop! Smashed it. I considered YTs for about 3 seconds this morning until I looked outside and it was raining aha

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stretched my radius just a bit and rode to the Yarra trails to ride some single track. Rain just got heavier on the way and the single track was deadly muddy and slippery. Much disappoint. So canned it and kept riding. Thought I may as well make a day of of it and go for 100. A first for me. Just need another 25km tomorrow to get to 300 for the week.
View attachment 380996View attachment 380997
Is that Flemington Bridge?
You're about 1km from my place if so

Freediver

I can go full Karen

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The clay there is a bitch. I used to use tyres like Purgurtories and Forecasters over winter there, now I just don't ride it when it's wet.
Yeah was brutal. Usually we cross back into Brimbank Park but after the rain the fords were all way up and running like crazy, should have expected it and crossed earlier but oh well. Was good for a laugh regardless.