What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Gave my new seat it's first day out. No need for the cattle prod function. Best part, it was instantly comfortable. Needs a bit of wiggling into the perfect position, but it's worth every cracker. And it cost a lot of crackers. :rolleyes:
SQ-Lab = Lots of crackers :oops:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
And you smashed a lot of PB's!
All this riding must be having an impact.
I think that's more to do with primo trail conditions, and the fact I've only ridden there a couple of times.

It was a generally cruisy, chatty group ride. I only opened up the pipes a couple of times.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yep. That's why it's taken me 3.5 years to pony up. Big investment for my arse not to like it. Only pulled the trigger because the shop I ordered it from has a 60 day return policy.

It's not going back.
What method did you use for sizing?

Early evidence suggests you are spot on.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yep. That's why it's taken me 3.5 years to pony up. Big investment for my arse not to like it. Only pulled the trigger because the shop I ordered it from has a 60 day return policy.

It's not going back.
Which model did you grab? Their cro mo rail saddles are not badly priced but their carbon ones are nuts.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Rode the Kenevo with the Fox 38 that has been I guess optimised to its full potential (Smashpot, damper tune, bushings burnished etc) and initial impressions were that it was incredibly active over small stuff but I was initially concerned about the spring being too soft (45lb spring @170 travel with one HBO shim moved and Motorex 10W oil). It feels almost frictionless initiating the stroke...go coil.

Felt good on the first few trails but really not much different to the DVO Onyx in terms of compliance and support. Didn't notice the extra half a kilo of weight. Warmed up I hit some faster, chunkier black trails and my level of wow increased markedly. One section that always gets my attention, whether its on the Mezzer or Onyx, is a fast downhill off camber bumpy AF long chute into a catch berm. The run in generally feels to me like on my limit. Between trying to manage the front wheel locking at speed, keeping the bike relatively straight and maintaining the line I need to be on whilst I'm getting hammered it's a full commit line.

This fork has so much more composure than anything I've ridden on steeps...so calm and damn that mid stroke support is good. Spring is probably just a bee's pube light if I was being picky but it's not far out (approx 23% sag if you like sag figures). Grip and front end feel have stepped up noticeably. I found myself not needing to be on the brakes so much because of how well the wheel was tracking the terrain. I could brake harder for a shorter amount of time instead of controlling lock ups and feeling sketchy. Calmness is the biggest takeaway which means I'm more relaxed which is like free speed. Strava agrees as I PR'd all the steep stuff. I was left with about 20mm of travel so the HBO is doing its job unobtrusively and I have a little left for when things get really spicy. No spring rattle or top out from the Smashpot. Zero harshness from the damper even with compression cranked. Bloody good fork.....after a sprinkling of $$.

With the Onyx fork and the Jade X coil on the bike it felt like a very harmonious relationship complimenting each other well. Now it feels like the rear is under-gunned. I hopefully have a solution for that arriving next week if my tracking is to be believed.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What method did you use for sizing?

Early evidence suggests you are spot on.
The shop measured my sit bones back when I bought the Procaliber and put me on a 130mm. It was good for the short stuff but for the distances I ride it started to feel like it was splitting me in two. Going by SQ-Labs theory, 130mm would've been good on my road bike, but the more upright you sit the wider the gap between the bones, so I went 140mm

Which model did you grab? Their cro mo rail saddles are not badly priced but their carbon ones are nuts.
Ergowave 611 Active. And yes, CroMo because that was expensive enough. And it has orange trim.

The active part is an interchangeable elastomer cushion under the shell. It's designed to let the seat move with your hips as you pedal and take some of the sting out of the trail. It's not noticeable, but it is, if you know what I mean.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cheeky blap on the dirt jump bike before I get rona tested for the third time this week (fucking over sites saying I need a negative test within 48hrs to be allowed in. It’s been months of this.)

Ride was good! Abit windy for the big line, just cruised through the smaller set bouncing around and enjoying not having to fully commit. Many a skid pulled, lots of cheeky manuals and nose bonks.
Coffee and hard brain reset time now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just about to go for a ride, start oiling the chain and find this. Dunno how long it’s been like that for. Glad it didn’t let go on the trail because I’m not known for sitting and spinning up hills. Im a stand up and mash hard sort of guy View attachment 380756
I have never seen something like that happen. You must be a power house!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I have never seen something like that happen. You must be a power house!
@zaf was the true powerhouse! His legs were as big as tree trunks! He’d have you believe. Just ask him. If he was here of course. He’d be happy to give you a run down on his massive legs anytime you like!
Me? I’m just a pale imitation with an elcheapo sram chain that gave me a warning to stop abusing it. Got lucky.

Flow-Rider

Burner
@zaf was the true powerhouse! His legs were as big as tree trunks! He’d have you believe. Just ask him. If he was here of course. He’d be happy to give you a run down on his massive legs anytime you like!
Me? I’m just a pale imitation with an elcheapo sram chain that gave me a warning to stop abusing it. Got lucky.
I think someone posted up a YBN chain like that a while ago, has it had a few KMs of abuse or just a dud chain?