What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Went for a spin on some ‘shhhhh’ trails near Red Hill, wink wink. Found out that the downside of trails that are somewhat less than legal, are that the super awesome trail builders can take it upon themselves to add a metre to a gap and give no warning.

Needless to say - I cased the shit out of it…
View attachment 378266

Edit: can’t rotate the photo - sorry

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Went for a spin on some ‘shhhhh’ trails near Red Hill, wink wink. Found out that the downside of trails that are somewhat less than legal, are that the super awesome trail builders can take it upon themselves to add a metre to a gap and give no warning.

Needless to say - I cased the shit out of it…
View attachment 378266

Edit: can’t rotate the photo - sorry
Ha, yup need to do your sighting runs out there...random doubles popping up without warning.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Ha, yup need to do your sighting runs out there...random doubles popping up without warning.
Looks like a lot of work has been happening lately. Generally all good but extending gaps is tough to spot at Mach 10 when you exit a corner committed to the upcoming jump.

anyway, no damage - just a rear wheel case.

trail building out there do such amazing things

Scotty675

Cable thief
Couldn't bring myself to sell the Highball frame it when I listed it a while back.

I guess it'll sort of be a mountain bike still, sort of... It'll have flat bars at least. Build will be a flat-bar gravel/bike path weight-weenie(ish) spec for when I just want to head out for a ride to spin the legs over, or you know - "if" (when) local lockdown rides happen again.

View attachment 378284

@Scotty675 - still keeping the colour-scheme tradition alive. ;)
looking good, won’t lie that thing gave me plenty of smiles. A fun bike that’s for sure. I still have some red bling if you ever run out. I ran magura mt7/mt8 combo for a bit, it was definitely over braked
I actually started building the walty yesterday. My styling may be off this time. I’ll just say it’s going to be running a bit more Ti

Jpez

Down on the left!
Got out for a bit of a mission on the SS this morning, turned out to be perfect conditions. Creeks were up a bit after the rain though!

View attachment 378309

View attachment 378310
I rode all the way around Brimbank park a month or so ago expecting to cross back by this Fjord.or the next one down. massive rain the night before. I stood there staring at the raging torrent and an old fella walking his dog behind me said ”don’t even think about it mate”. I Turned around and rode back the way I came.
Top day for it! I did 30km at the Youis. I think I’d forgotten how to ride.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I rode all the way around Brimbank park a month or so ago expecting to cross back by this Fjord.or the next one down. massive rain the night before. I stood there staring at the raging torrent and an old fella walking his dog behind me said ”don’t even think about it mate”. I Turned around and rode back the way I came.
Top day for it! I did 30km at the Youis. I think I’d forgotten how to ride.
Yeah they get pretty full on! This one was okay but the first we tried and a couple others we passed later were definite no go.

Saw you got out, nice one! I rode Youies yesterday too, was way warmer than I expected and PACKED. Nice riding still though!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah they get pretty full on! This one was okay but the first we tried and a couple others we passed later were definite no go.

Saw you got out, nice one! I rode Youies yesterday too, was way warmer than I expected and PACKED. Nice riding still though!
Yeah it was bananas today too. Cars parked out on the road. Ebikes everywhere. In fact I think I saw about 4 non Ebikes including my own.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I drove to Townsville yesterday to collect the children's bikes - they're absolutely over the moon!

Got home, converted my son's bike to tubeless, didn't work. Lowered the wheel into the pool to check for bubbles, fucking skewer and spring fell in too. The other side had unwound and I didn't realise.. I fished it out and followed up with a fresh water clean and re-lube stat!

Can I be the first to wish mechanical disc breaks a slow fiery death. Adjustment seems more by luck than design, what a nightmare! I can't get an acceptable short lever throw without disc rub. But for now they stop effectively and my daughter likes them so all good.

Both bikes have coil forks and while they're not great, they're actually not too bad either. I'm particularly surprised to find the 24" bike's fork moves up and down at all! I'd still prefer a carbon fork but it's not worth the money right now.

The most important thing is that they've both bugged me to go for rides and learn how to handle their new bikes on small features - pinch climbs, rough turns and small shutes.

Next up is to covert my daughter's 24" to tubeless (rim tape is in place), just need to insert the Stans Schrader valves and sealant - then hope the tyre mounts.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I drove to Townsville yesterday to collect the children's bikes - they're absolutely over the moon!

Got home, converted my son's bike to tubeless, didn't work. Lowered the wheel into the pool to check for bubbles, fucking skewer and spring fell in too. The other side had unwound and I didn't realise.. I fished it out and followed up with a fresh water clean and re-lube stat!

Can I be the first to wish mechanical disc breaks a slow fiery death. Adjustment seems more by luck than design, what a nightmare! I can't get an acceptable short lever throw without disc rub. But for now they stop effectively and my daughter likes them so all good.

Both bikes have coil forks and while they're not great, they're actually not too bad either. I'm particularly surprised to find the 24" bike's fork moves up and down at all! I'd still prefer a carbon fork but it's not worth the money right now.

The most important thing is that they've both bugged me to go for rides and learn how to handle their new bikes on small features - pinch climbs, rough turns and small shutes.

Next up is to covert my daughter's 24" to tubeless (rim tape is in place), just need to insert the Stans Schrader valves and sealant - then hope the tyre mounts.

View attachment 378326
They look stoked.

@moorey will be along shortly, to pick apart your spelling.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

View attachment 378326
Nice work, the pink bike is really for you though isn’t it?