What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I saved my Swarf from being sold today. After deliberating on another Pyga (XC this time), I looked at the Swarf and decided it was too pretty to sell.
So instead, I serviced the forks with new seals, oils etc and put it all back together....
Might go buy a Vitpilen701 instead...???

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I saved my Swarf from being sold today. After deliberating on another Pyga (XC this time), I looked at the Swarf and decided it was too pretty to sell.
So instead, I serviced the forks with new seals, oils etc and put it all back together....
Might go buy a Vitpilen701 instead...???
Run what ya brung. It's a cool looking thing and your post was the first time I'd heard of them.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tried to get the drivetrain going, but that belts not going to shrink!

New belt ordered today, hopefully not too far off. Coming from Queensland.

I'll be dropping the tensioner when the new belt arrives. Then possibly looking at changing the ratio. Just want to get a bike up and running for now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I put new pads on mate's Banshee last night, back to a high bite point on both brakes. Spun the wheel and pulled the brake, brake mount moved. Turned out the top dropout bolt was loose. Is that common on these removable dropouts?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Tried to get the drivetrain going, but that belts not going to shrink!

View attachment 377909

New belt ordered today, hopefully not too far off. Coming from Queensland.

I'll be dropping the tensioner when the new belt arrives. Then possibly looking at changing the ratio. Just want to get a bike up and running for now.
Wow, I didn't realise how big those tensioners were, I'd assumed they were just like a little idler.

wkkie

Wow, I didn't realise how big those tensioners were, I'd assumed they were just like a little idler.
Yeah, pretty beefy. Given there's horizontal drop outs I don't specifically need it.

The plan was to get the entire drive train from Zerode (basically as spares for the Katipo) and work out the ratio I needed with it before purchasing the correct size belt for the cogs that I would be using.

I thought there may be a chance the belt wouldn't fit, but given the orientation of the box in this frame, it took the tensioner out of the equation anyway.

I got word back on the belt and it's been sent express post which is good, so hopefully I'll see it sooner rather than later.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah, pretty beefy. Given there's horizontal drop outs I don't specifically need it.

The plan was to get the entire drive train from Zerode (basically as spares for the Katipo) and work out the ratio I needed with it before purchasing the correct size belt for the cogs that I would be using.

I thought there may be a chance the belt wouldn't fit, but given the orientation of the box in this frame, it took the tensioner out of the equation anyway.

I got word back on the belt and it's been sent express post which is good, so hopefully I'll see it sooner rather than later.
Screw the idler shaft into the seat tube with a big self tapper and make it one of those high idler bikes that seem popular now. No need to thank me.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I had a shit one from BikeBug a few weeks ago, wasn't their fault but took 5 days FFS after paying the extra $10.

Kacper Wolk (Bikebug Support)
8 Jul 2021, 9:27 AEST
Hi Billy

https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/current-updates/train-derailment-sa

That is the main reason. its not directly impacting your parcel but its impacting the network greatly in your area.

Please note that express is still way faster than standard, as it gets priority treatment in the Depos.

With limited flights between capital cities, some express freight goes on the road/rail too.

Your order BBO29450 should be with you shortly :)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

I was considering a tensioner so that I could get the shortest possible wheelbase given I had to compromise on that a bit to fit the fat tyres, looks like I'll just have to spend some time playing around once it arrives in T+100 days now.

wkkie

I was considering a tensioner so that I could get the shortest possible wheelbase given I had to compromise on that a bit to fit the fat tyres, looks like I'll just have to spend some time playing around once it arrives in T+100 days now.
If you're going to be running a gearbox and belt, your more than welcome to borrow a tensioner to see if it'll work.