What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Took the chain off to isolate the cranks and it is indeed the crankset that's the cause of the bumping feeling! The 8mm hex bolt was a bit loose but even with tightening it was still bumping a bit.

If I spin the crank arms 180 degrees then push down on both arms, I feel the bump (how the fuck do you describe a really short movement?). Spin again and rest, same bump.

I wonder if the bearing pre-loader could do with some tightening? Other than that or using the seatpost breaker to really tighten up the cranks, I'm out of ideas.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Took the chain off to isolate the cranks and it is indeed the crankset that's the cause of the bumping feeling! The 8mm hex bolt was a bit loose but even with tightening it was still bumping a bit.

If I spin the crank arms 180 degrees then push down on both arms, I feel the bump (how the fuck do you describe a really short movement?). Spin again and rest, same bump.

I wonder if the bearing pre-loader could do with some tightening? Other than that or using the seatpost breaker to really tighten up the cranks, I'm out of ideas.
What BB?

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

The bottom bracket shell face is out of alignment. I had the same issue on my dj bike with a brand new bsa30 bb. Get the bb shell chased and faced.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

What cranks?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Also, compounded by cranks most likely made of cheese.
Maybe purely because of the cheese, and not being able to take your ample frame.
Yeah fair enough, they're fairly well know for being shite.

Will I be ok riding them for the next few weeks?

Hopefully my Aeffect R cranks fare better!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah fair enough, they're fairly well know for being shite.

Will I be ok riding them for the next few weeks?

Hopefully my Aeffect R cranks fare better!
Yeah, crank the bolt up, check it before you go out each ride. If the knocking gets worse, keep an eye on it. Not likely to get a catastrophic failure.

Petero

Likes Dirt
I'll likely throw them in the recycling when I'm done. They're just not worth the effort.
From the Suntour reviews..
"
DO THE JOB BUT AT THE MERCY OF BAD BIKE BUILDERS
John Dixon on Dec 02, 2020
My Zeron cranks were awful when I got my new bike but the shop I got it from were clueless so I set about fixing it.
Turns out the rough bearings, stiff rotation and creaking were all because the bike shop wound the non drive side lock nut up red face tight. I loosened this of to just finger tip tight, popped the drive side arm back on and it's smooth as anything. This lock nut is unique to SR cranks so setting up wrong can cause problems. If you're stripping threads and bending chain rings though you're either doing it wrong or your bike is cheaper than your riding style.
"