What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Bah. Pretty boring fwits post.
Today I did a thing. It wasn't strictly necessary, and I wasted 2 hours of time I probably would have wasted doing some other thing if I hadn't been doing this thing... but I have a useable tool, and I learned more about how shit Dremels are at cutting hard steel.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Picked up a mint condition 2003 Kona Shred. Only changes are road tyres and XT M785 brakes which will be pulled off for separate sale.

Has only been used sparingly for commuting. Just need to decide what to do with it now. Sell it to a collector, give it to the kids to use or stick it on a wall.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Picked up a mint condition 2003 Kona Shred. Only changes are road tyres and XT M785 brakes which will be pulled off for separate sale.

Has only been used sparingly for commuting. Just need to decide what to do with it now. Sell it to a collector, give it to the kids to use or stick it on a wall.
The brakes may interest me, covid tax pending ;)

nathanm

Eats Squid
The only collectable part about that bike is the black XT levers, some bloke on facebook really really wants to swap his silver ones for a set.
Did you not see it has Bombers? glorious 30mm stanchion ones too. Ready for your next DH round.

And who wants the black brake levers? I didn't see a request for them on every single MTB buy and sell page several times over the last few months. You'd think if someone was that desperate they'd just pull out the rattle can.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went for a night ride at Youies with @fjohn860 and @Chriso_29er. Chriso is a very fit fella, but was graciously very patient. :p I literally had steam coming off my hands at the top of the climbs and he wasn't even out of breath, haha.

We did a couple of runs down Lactic and Cressy each, the mellow top bit of Junction, and the bit of inner loop down to the carpark (going clockwise) a few times. Good ride - nice to meet Chriso in person, and was a good time!

The smoke/fog on the drive back out to the freeway was a bit hectic tonight though... o_O

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Went for a night ride at Youies with @fjohn860 and @Chriso_29er. Chriso is a very fit fella, but was graciously very patient. I literally had steam coming off my hands at the top of the climbs and he wasn't even out of breath, haha.

We did a couple of runs down Lactic and Cressy each, the mellow top bit of Junction, and the bit of inner loop down to the carpark (going clockwise) a few times. Good ride - nice to meet Chriso in person, and was a good time!

The smoke/fog on the drive back out to the freeway was a bit hectic tonight though... o_O
Excellent ride for sure and great to meet Chriso.

Apart from Chriso's sheer pace up and down it was the lack of heavy breathing at the top of the climbs that was both impressive and disconcerting At least that's what I think I was thinking in between my gasps for air

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Impulse bought a "fixer upper" race BMX for Mr 5 and the wheels were in shocking condition.
Picture one shows a spoke bent at the hub end. All spokes were waaaay too long and sitting a good 3mm or so proud of the top of the nipples.
Took some measurements, bought some parts and built the wheels with the help of Mr 1, who loves spinning wheels on the truing stand.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a night ride at Youies with @fjohn860 and @Chriso_29er. Chriso is a very fit fella, but was graciously very patient. :p I literally had steam coming off my hands at the top of the climbs and he wasn't even out of breath, haha.

Thanks for letting me tag along fellers, awesome night. I did finally find my way home after getting lost in the fog lol.
Luckily for the ride I had you two local shredders to show me round ha ha. Such a fun spot to ride in the dark, just checking my footage now to see if I captured @beeb very close call with the local wildlife.
Hopefully get to do it again next week :)