What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

CHEWY

Eats Squid
So we did the parts transfer and it went 100%, #2 is stoked with his 'new bike'.

Comes to chop-chop time, they had a few lame goes at cutting the frame, reckon there was more grinding than cutting :rolleyes:

Chopped the head tube off 'DAD THERES ANOTHER CRACK'... right above the shock mount, sticks out like dogs balls too, I cut right beside it and didn't even notice it.
Maybe I should do a dedicated periodic frame inspection on bikes from now on.

View attachment 374783

View attachment 374784

View attachment 374785
I must of missed it but where was the original crack and have you got a pic of it?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Welds are the devil. How many alloy frame cracks are not on a weld?
That was 2 both very warranty replaceable cracks on this 1 frame.

His new one is the black colour called 'Stealth', would be a bit harder to spot on it but I will keep a good eye on it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That was 2 both very warranty replaceable cracks on this 1 frame.

His new one is the black colour called 'Stealth', would be a bit harder to spot on it but I will keep a good eye on it.
Must be really satisfying to get onto the busted frame with a grinder and send it gracefully into the afterlife.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sounds equally as bad an idea as the horrific FB home maintenance/mechanic page.
You should need to pass a basic test to offer advise on that page, say, knowing that dot fluid and mineral oil aren’t interchangeable, or that a HG freehub isn’t speed specific. 98% are clueless, but freely dish out idiotic advice.
I feel better now.
They aren't? Shit! I ran out of baby oil this evening and have just come to scroll the 'burn after massaging some do fluid into a chaffed and very sensitive area! This explains the burning sensation I feel growing.

I'd suggest that 98% of the people that maintain their bikes here aren't clueless.
I rise to offer a different opinion...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't know what that is, but it definitely needs a 2mm longer reach and -0.3deg head angle. :p
Have to keep up with today latest trends.

Obligatory 12psi tyres will also + - a few degrees. Perfection is a long road of somethings.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
just ride it. My alpine has 3 cracks, and a friends rune has 2. Put some marker over it and see if it grows.

@moorey i was being grumpy
Done that and it's getting bigger lol

Big enough that I'm super paranoid and it's totally ruining the ride experience. Warranty approved, just waiting for stock.