What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
I'd guess he referring to microspline required for 12 speed, but y'know.......semantics

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.
That’s not HG though.
12sp can be fitted to HG, XD and microspline...

Good old HG runs 8/9/10 and some 11/12.
I’m talking about the ‘WTB, wheel, must be 9sp freehub’, and the baffling responses that elicits.

It’s been long, you’re a rookie again.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
That’s not HG though.

I’m talking about the ‘WTB, wheel, must be 9sp freehub’, and the baffling responses that elicits.

Single speed, maybe?

But nope, had a single on the hopes with HG on my DJ.....besides SS is just for semantic arseholes.

Hope we don't get dragged for being anti-semantic.

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I actually spotter the Smuggler first ;) The Sentinel is stealth as, it was the gold damper knob on the fork that made me look again and clock it aha.

You guys must have just got there, was just in that bit right at the bottom between the car park and the dams where Quarry tk comes out. I also was not capable of holding a conversation at that point :D

BMXC - it’s like downcountry but less gears/travel and more fun.

View attachment 374746
Someone stole your gears!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Aha @moorey mostly I was just stirring shit but the first that came to mind was when I sold my old road wheels years ago with 7800 Dura Ace hubs and the dude who bought them tried to make me refund him because they didn’t fit an 11sp cassette. Yes an anomaly, but Shimano did some weird shit at times including different depth HG splines.

moorey

call me Mia
I actually spotter the Smuggler first ;) The Sentinel is stealth as, it was the gold damper knob on the fork that made me look again and clock it aha.

You guys must have just got there, was just in that bit right at the bottom between the car park and the dams where Quarry tk comes out. I also was not capable of holding a conversation at that point :D

BMXC - it’s like downcountry but less gears/travel and more fun.

View attachment 374746
OH GOD! Please don’t tell me BMXC is a real new thing? I’m praying I’m being trolled here.

Lucaw

Next in line
That’s not HG though.

I learnt the hard way that the hg free hub for 7 speed will not fit a 8 speed+, they are 5mm too short

moorey

call me Mia
Aha @moorey mostly I was just stirring shit but the first that came to mind was when I sold my old road wheels years ago with 7800 Dura Ace hubs and the dude who bought them tried to make me refund him because they didn’t fit an 11sp cassette. Yes an anomaly, but Shimano did some weird shit at times including different depth HG splines.
I don’t go on, learn about, or care about roadie standards for a reason. Happy to have that hole in my knowledge.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So we did the parts transfer and it went 100%, #2 is stoked with his 'new bike'.

Comes to chop-chop time, they had a few lame goes at cutting the frame, reckon there was more grinding than cutting :rolleyes:

Chopped the head tube off 'DAD THERES ANOTHER CRACK'... right above the shock mount, sticks out like dogs balls too, I cut right beside it and didn't even notice it.
Maybe I should do a dedicated periodic frame inspection on bikes from now on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
This seems an extreme way to get the latest long, low, slack geometry... :eek:
Was an overkill of cuts. We cut the headtube off then I realised I was keeping the rear triangle, so rather than dismantle it from the main frame, they chopped the other 2 bits off and I put it on to a storage rack JIC.

Weld it back up, sell on Facebook….;)
Which is the exact reason they told me to cut the frame in two and send them a picture ;)