What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Great advice thanks!
Everything is there on YouTube, specific to your exact fork, it doesn't get any easier.

Bought replacement grips as my DMR Deathgrips got ripped and the grip itself twists under pressure.
The Deathgrips also crack quite easily, we have went through quite a few sets that were only held together by the rubber. They are a non preferred product in our house now.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Box containing nice E13 cassette and other 12sp goodies arrived, head out to to install them and get out for a ride and..

Fark. Pushys have sent me a replacement cluster instead of the cassette.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Box containing nice E13 cassette and other 12sp goodies arrived, head out to to install them and get out for a ride and..

Fark. Pushys have sent me a replacement cluster instead of the cassette.
One of the new Helix ones? I’ve heard nothing but good about those ones. I’ve got one on order from the Germans because I couldn’t stomach the price our Australian online stores wanted for them.

ozzybmx

Top service Canyon Bikes ! less than 2 weeks from crack to delivery :oops:

Its definitely a bare frame replacement, not even dust covers so hope all transfers from 2020 to 2021, looks to be the same frame.

Will let #2 son unwrap when he gets home.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Everything is there on YouTube, specific to your exact fork, it doesn't get any easier.

The Deathgrips also crack quite easily, we have went through quite a few sets that were only held together by the rubber. They are a non preferred product in our house now.
Yeah not impressed with the Deathgrips' durability. Hopefully Deity holds up better!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of the new Helix ones? I’ve heard nothing but good about those ones. I’ve got one on order from the Germans because I couldn’t stomach the price our Australian online stores wanted for them.
That's the one. Couldn't seem to find much real world info on them so took a punt, $365 with the pushys sale and was too good a deal to pass up.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That's the one. Couldn't seem to find much real world info on them so took a punt, $365 with the pushys sale and was too good a deal to pass up.
Holy moly that’s a bargain! All my info came from various forums and like me many had the V1 version which sucked and have taken a punt on the new one and been pleasantly surprised. But damn that’s a good price.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah not impressed with the Deathgrips' durability. Hopefully Deity holds up better!
@beeb lent me a pair of Deity supracush's to try out one ride a while back.

Binned it on said ride and tore up the rubber on one of the grips (if they were double lock-ons they would've been OK).

Bought them off Beeb as they are a great grip. Patched up the tears with some grey silastic I had kicking around home. Holding up well still.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

HamboCairns

@beeb lent me a pair of Deity Supracush's to try out one ride a while back.

Binned it on said ride and tore up the rubber on one of the grips (if they were double lock-ons they would've been OK).

Bought them off Beeb as they are a great grip. Patched up the tears with some grey silastic I had kicking around home. Holding up well still.
Hopefully I don't tear these up too then!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@beeb lent me a pair of Deity supracush's to try out one ride a while back.

He sold you faulty grips! Demand warranty! Oh, wait a sec... :p

ozzybmx

Good advice as always. Just imagine the money you'd save if your children listened to you!
They are always going to push limits and have great skills to do so.

The biggest problem is not telling me they had a crash, even if they though it was insignificant and getting their bike checked over immediately.

I've told them a million times that if they have a crash and everything looks ok, flip the bike upside down and check out their gearing, its it out of whack GTF home immediately without changing into granny gear.

I find out last night that numb bollox had a decent crash on Lynton 4X about 3-4 days ago, his gears would not change into the easier 2 cogs and forgot to tell me :oops:

Resulted in a snapped in 2 derailleur at the first GESA round and a DNF. He's got a job now, I dont pay for stupidity anymore, he'll buy his own replacement.

Same with bikes making noises, if it creaking, clicking, rubbing... anything new that it wasnt doing before, tell me and we'll check it out.

HamboCairns

They are always going to push limits and have great skills to do so.

The biggest problem is not telling me they had a crash, even if they though it was insignificant and getting their bike checked over immediately.

I've told them a million times that if they have a crash and everything looks ok, flip the bike upside down and check out their gearing, its it out of whack GTF home immediately without changing into granny gear.

I find out last night that numb bollox had a decent crash on Lynton 4X about 3-4 days ago, his gears would not change into the easier 2 cogs and forgot to tell me :oops:

Resulted in a snapped in 2 derailleur at the first GESA round and a DNF. He's got a job now, I dont pay for stupidity anymore, he'll buy his own replacement.

Same with bikes making noises, if it creaking, clicking, rubbing... anything new that it wasnt doing before, tell me and we'll check it out.
I have so much to look forward to!

PS. Did you learn bike maintenance yourself? You seem to do an awful lot of it!