What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Quick question... have you got a burn scare on the left forearm because you thought "that pizza looks cooked enough"

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheers mate!

I've always loved the swoopy Transitions, it feels meant to be. :)

PS: Your Smuggler was the gateway drug... :p
If I look back, I'm thinking the cogs started ticking over in your mind way back when you had a "car park bounce" on the Smuggler at the top of the Cressy fire road late last year

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They look like a fun set. Noting your caption, are you referring to pulling up on those jumps? Or more of a pull up and hit some bigger jumps?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Just want to pull up hard enough on the first jump to pump down to the second larger double & feel comfortable doing so.

I seem to hit a limit where I temper my speed & cant keep the flow going...

They are really nicely built sets, very natural.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just want to pull up hard enough on the first jump to pump down to the second larger double & feel comfortable doing so.

That may not necessarily be the pull up. You seem to be getting the length on those jumps well enough. How do you feel about driving the nose down onto the lander?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok, but I want to touch the brakes!
Fuck no!!! If you touch the rotors while you're in the air you will get fucked up! Don't risk it.

That's ok to do. In almost all those crayon drawings of me pretending I can ride dirt lumps...I almost certainly have my index fingers on the brake levers. On the lumps at Hornsby in particular I find it necessary to tap the brakes on the B line between each jump or else I pump up at too much speed for the last one, after a half pedal stroke roll in.

Once you get the nose dive sorted it's time to work on softening up those arms and legs. You want to compress and expand at the right time to pump up the jams...I mean momentum. This will help you have more plasticity in the air, which in turn will help with being in control better. I find the days I struggle to feel confident in the air are when I'm uptight and can't get the body to relax.

Then comes the tricks...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No, once landed, I know not to touch the brakes in the air!
Sorry...post only had half my content! So I did an edit. There is a couple or aireal moves that I lock a wheel up for. It is usually the rear as this seems to give me a little better transfer of force through the pedals. Also it sounds cool when your loud hub goes quiet in the air.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Entered Mr 5 into Mini Muddies event next week so we took him out to Black Hill to do a practice run this morning.
He and husband rode MM while Mr 1 and I rode Cackler.
Met up at the base and Mr 5 was smiling ear to ear and telling me about how he only walked a couple of features and he just needs to practice more before the race.
Anybody else's kids doing the event too?

moorey

call me Mia

You’re not rocking a dropper, are you?