What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Definitely worth a trip if you have never been, very XC trails with some nice log rides. The North Yaugher trails are my favourite ones, Marriners, Grasstrees and others on the Superloop, the red carpet descent used to be sensational, it had flow before flow was a thing.
Wot he said ^^^

But I agree, what goes down has to pedal up.

And definitely hunt out the Red Carpet. Absolutely worth the climb up, the top two thirds is natural trail, bottom third pure flow, 100% fun.

moorey

call me Mia
Wots it like. Comparible to anywhere else in Vic?
I haven’t been there since getting fitter and enjoying the complete experience more.
Some of my mates love the place, some prefer youies/harcourt.
I prefer what I’ve seen of Silvan and Red Hill to Forrest...but again, ridden them more lately with a bit of fitness.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
@wkkie is it like this?
That's it! Nice. Thanks.

Now, next question, can anyone print one up?? Compensation to be paid of course.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not that bad actually, better than I expected. Still better than the silver/silver IMO.
I like your thinking but I'm not entirely sure a bit of heat is going to bring it back....

View attachment 374551

Long story short (actually wasn't long, I don't really know what happened) I decided to otb superman a bit of Fall Line rather than ride it like a normal person.

Apart from the lever the bike seems fine though, amazingly. Pretty stoked about that.

Red Hill is a weird place when wet. The top part of Crusher was awesome but the section after those successive drops just looked like a quagmire. Didn't even try Pins based on previous soggy / sketchy af experiences but Deadwould was awesome and I think Crits is actually easier when wet. Feels like it has a bit more give in it or something.
Ouch! You're right, that is not coming good. You'd have to be fretting some insane guitar chords to use that brake lever now. :(

Having ridden Pins in the wet before and headbutting a tree, nothing gets me riding that in slippery conditions. Crusher was fine but still more lively than usual.

I know some work was done on Fall Line. It that is so choppy now. Still good fun as always.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fortunately doesn't hurt much when I cough or sneeze, just when I twist my torso or get up from bed or out the car.
Eventually it passes. I haven't hurt my ribs for a long time. Last incident I thought I was going to die! Hit a tree flat out snowboarding. I could see the end of the 2 ribs pushing up again the skin in 2 small pointy lumps and I was making a real loud gurgling noise trying to get my wind back in. I was some freaky shit. It took many months to heal.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That's it! Nice. Thanks.

Now, next question, can anyone print one up?? Compensation to be paid of course.
Ask over here:

I can't help at the moment unfortunately, having some issues with my printer.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Eventually it passes. I haven't hurt my ribs for a long time. Last incident I thought I was going to die! Hit a tree flat out snowboarding. I could see the end of the 2 ribs pushing up again the skin in 2 small pointy lumps and I was making a real loud gurgling noise trying to get my wind back in. I was some freaky shit. It took many months to heal.
Bloody hell! Yeah I'm not anywhere near that level of hurt!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like your thinking but I'm not entirely sure a bit of heat is going to bring it back....

View attachment 374551

Long story short (actually wasn't long, I don't really know what happened) I decided to otb superman a bit of Fall Line rather than ride it like a normal person.

Apart from the lever the bike seems fine though, amazingly. Pretty stoked about that.

Red Hill is a weird place when wet. The top part of Crusher was awesome but the section after those successive drops just looked like a quagmire. Didn't even try Pins based on previous soggy / sketchy af experiences but Deadwould was awesome and I think Crits is actually easier when wet. Feels like it has a bit more give in it or something.
I did something similar to my Code lever, basically turned it into a J shape. I bent it back by slipping the end of a wrench over it and just using leverage, after placing a wooden block between the lever and handlebar to act as brace.
Couldn't bend it all the way back to straight, but fixed it enough that I'm no longer in the hunt for a new blade and it hasn't given my any dramas since.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd ordered some parts for the Suntour Durolux RC2 36 forks. As the A2C is ~10mm longer than comparable forks for the same travel it meant I had to play about with them.

Anyway, fitted a 150mm airshaft and I have to say they are the easiest fork to work on I've ever touched. 10min job and never a chance of the airshaft popping out and trying to blind you.

I've some of their firm negative springs to try too so I'll see how that makes a difference..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'd ordered some parts for the Suntour Durolux RC2 36 forks. As the A2C is ~10mm longer than comparable forks for the same travel it meant I had to play about with them.

Anyway, fitted a 150mm airshaft and I have to say they are the easiest fork to work on I've ever touched. 10min job and never a chance of the airshaft popping out and trying to blind you.

I've some of their firm negative springs to try too so I'll see how that makes a difference..
They are the absolutely best fork to work on hands down, they have really thought about the design.

I though it was the new EQ model that needed the air shaft the older ones were just spacers? Also if it is the EQ model, I though they went to an air negative spring and not the spring anymore. If it still is a spring I had better update my cart to make sure they put the soft spring in the Durolux I'm think of swapping for the pike I got with the Prime.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are the absolutely best fork to work on hands down, they have really thought about the design.

I though it was the new EQ model that needed the air shaft the older ones were just spacers? Also if it is the EQ model, I though they went to an air negative spring and not the spring anymore. If it still is a spring I had better update my cart to make sure they put the soft spring in the Durolux I'm think of swapping for the pike I got with the Prime.
The new ones need different airshafts, so I now have 150mm, 160mm and 170mm. The spacers are for older / previous models.

Additionally, the negative spring assembly is different it seems. It used to be around the airshaft based on a video I saw and when I removed the installed airshaft it wasn't there. As I'm ~109kgs ready to ride it could make a nice difference...

Check with their customer support team, they're very responsive to emails.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The new ones need different airshafts, so I now have 150mm, 160mm and 170mm. The spacers are for older / previous models.

Additionally, the negative spring assembly is different it seems. It used to be around the airshaft based on a video I saw and when I removed the installed airshaft it wasn't there. As I'm ~109kgs ready to ride it could make a nice difference...

Yeah I'll do a bit more research because I thought the new ones went to to an air spring like RS and Fox.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Before you drop the lowers looking for the coil spring check to make sure you need to. I thought I read somewhere that they had gone to air, bottom of the first paragraph.